Real Madrid have the chance to draw level with Barcelona at the top of the La Liga table when they travel to Real Sociedad on Sunday at 9:00 pm.
Quique Setien’s men were held to a 0-0 draw by third-placed Sevilla on Sunday, meaning a win for Los Blancos — who beat Valencia 3-0 in their last match — would tie these two great rivals on 65 points after 30 games.
However, it’ll be anything but easy for Zinedine Zidane’s side. Sociedad may be winless in their last two games, but they still remain sixth in La Liga, just two points behind Atletico Madrid in that fourth and final Champions League spot.
Can Real Madrid take the initiative in the title race, or will Imanol Alguacil throw another spanner in the works in their search for Champions League qualification?
Where to watch Real Sociedad vs Real Madrid on TV:
- UK: La Liga TV
- US: beIN SPORTS
Where to live stream the game:
UK: Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those without a Bet365 account already who are interested in streaming Real Sociedad vs Real Madrid live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund the new account.
- Pick the desired event from among the ‘live now’ or ‘schedule’ sections in Bet365’s ‘live streaming’ category.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (20/06/2020, 14:00)
Real Madrid vs Real Madrid line-ups and live stats:
Real Sociedad & Real Madrid’s previous line-ups:
- Real Sociedad (vs their previous opponents): Alex Remiro; Zaldua*, Elustondo, Diego Llorente, Munoz; Zubeldia, Zurutuza; Odegaard*, Januzaj, Oyarzabal; Willian Jose.
- Real Madrid (vs Valencia): Courtois; Carvajal, Ramos, Varane, Mendy; Kroos, Casemiro, Modric; Valverde, Benzema, Hazard.
Joseba Zaldua is suspended for the hosts so Andoni Gorosabel should deputise at right-back. Martin Odegaard is carrying a knock and will likely sit this one out.
Isco, Luka Jovic, Lucas Vazquez and Nacho are all sidelined for Real Madrid while Mariano Diaz remains doubtful.
Players to watch:
- Real Sociedad: The race for Champions League football is hotting up with just five points separating Sevilla in third from Sociedad, Getafe and Villarreal in joint-fifth. Of that trio of sides on 47 points, Sociedad certainly have the hardest task this weekend and if they’re to get a positive result against Real Madrid, the attacking exploits of Mikel Oyarzabal will be critical. The Spaniard is likely to be on the radar of a number of Europe’s top clubs in the summer and given that he’s already managed nine goals and six assists in La Liga so far this season, it’s no surprise. His duel with the Madrid full-backs will be intriguing, to say the least.
- Real Madrid: After going eight games without a direct goal involvement prior to the suspension of play, Eden Hazard has two assists in two games since La Liga returned. In all honesty, those assists barely scratch the surface, with the Belgian finding himself central to everything Madrid have done well in their past two games and looking like a player rejuvenated. This will be music to the ears of Zidane, who will need his key players in red-hot form if they’re to hold off Barcelona in the La Liga title race.
Scoreline prediction: Real Sociedad 1-3 Real Madrid
La Liga 2019/20 recent form:
- Real Sociedad: WLWDL
- Real Madrid: LWLWW