Real Sociedad will look to tighten their grip on the final La Liga Champions League spot when they host Osasuna on Sunday night.
La Real enjoyed a run of four wins from five games prior to the suspension of play, lifting them into the top four and within just four points of third-placed Sevilla.
Osasuna, meanwhile, beat Espanyol 1-0 in their final match before the long break, a result which leaves them 11th in the table and looking up at a possible top-half finish rather than over their shoulders at the relegation battle.
Can Imanol Alguacil’s side take another big step toward Champions League football or will Los Rojillos cause an upset on the road?
Where to watch Real Sociedad vs Osasuna on TV:
- UK: La Liga TV
- US: beIN SPORTS
Where to live stream the game:
UK: Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those without a Bet365 account already who are interested in streaming Real Sociedad vs Osasuna live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund the new account.
- Pick the desired event from among the ‘live now’ or ‘schedule’ sections in Bet365’s ‘live streaming’ category.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (13/06/2020, 16:40)
Real Sociedad & Osasuna’s previous line-ups:
- Real Sociedad (vs Eibar): Alex Remiro; Zaldua, Elustondo, Le Normand, Munoz; Januzaj, Merino, Zubeldia, Oyarzabal; Willian Jose, Sangalli.
- Osasuna (vs Espanyol): Ruben; Roncaglia*, David Garcia, Aridane Hernandez, Estupinan; Torres, Oier, Brasanac, R. Garcia*; Gallego, Barja*.
Asier Illarramendi has fully recovered from a broken leg but isn’t expected to be rushed back into the starting XI. Fellow midfielder Ander Guevara is a fitness doubt.
Osasuna are in arguably the worst shape of any La Liga side ahead of the return of action with Ruben Garcia suspended, while Fran Merida, Facundo Roncaglia, Robert Ibanez and Kike Barja are all fitness doubts. Chimy Avila is out.
Players to watch:
- Real Sociedad: There is much to admire about this Real Sociedad side and one of the biggest talents among them is 23-year-old playmaker, Mikel Oyarzabal. The Spaniard has been linked with Manchester City in recent times but insists he’s happy right where he is. That will be music to the ears of Sociedad fans, considering he’s notched a hugely impressive eight goals and six assists in La Liga play so far this term. Oyarzabal was on target from the penalty spot in Sociedad’s 2-1 win over Eibar before the suspension of play and his attacking contributions will be vital as they seek to seal Champions League football between now and the end of the season.
- Osasuna: Roberto Torres has scored two of Osasuna’s last three goals and if Los Rojillos are to pull off a shock in the Basque region, he will play a vital role for his side once again. The Spaniard has managed six La Liga goals in total this season, while no Osasuna player has provided more assists than his seven — four from open play, three from set plays. Advancing into his thirties, it isn’t raw pace or speed which makes Torres stand out, rather the precision and guile he shows with the ball at his feet.
Scoreline prediction: Real Sociedad 3-1 Osasuna
La Liga 2019/20 recent form:
- Real Sociedad: WWWLW
- Osasuna: LWLLW