Real Madrid will look to keep the pressure on La Liga leaders Atletico Madrid when they host Real Sociedad on Monday at 8pm (UK time).
Diego Simeone’s men have exerted huge pressure on their local rival’s title defence, and at one stage the trophy seemed destined to head to the Wanda Metropolitano, but in recent weeks Los Blancos have shown signs of life and are still very much in the mix to retain their crown.
How to live stream Real Madrid vs Real Sociedad online:
Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those who are interested in streaming Real Madrid vs Real Sociedad live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund your account.
- Navigate to the ‘In-Play’ link at the top of the homepage and select your desired event.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account or placed a bet in the last 24 hours, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (12:00, 28/02/21).
Where to watch Real Madrid vs Real Sociedad on TV:
- UK: LaLigaTV
- US: beIN SPORTS
Scoreline prediction: Real Madrid 1-0 Real Sociedad
Compare football odds to get the best in the market using the Oddspedia tool below. Selecting a price will take you to the bookmaker’s sign-up page, where you can register, claim whatever welcome offer is available to new customers and place your bet. (18+ only, Be Gamble Aware)
Real Madrid vs Real Sociedad build-up, previous line-ups & injury news:
Four wins on the spin has launched Zinedine Zidane’s side back into contention for the league championship, and that recent purple patch has coincided with the significant dip in form of Atleti, whose once yawning cushion at the summit has been reduced to just three points from Real in third, although the current leaders do have a game in hand.
If anyone looked capable of capitalising of Real’s stuttering start to the campaign and dethroning the Madrid giants, then it was Imanol Alguacil’s side, who enjoyed a six-game winning run between October and November and seemed inspired by the acquisition of David Silva.
However, an injury to the midfield genius stunted their blistering progression in the opening weeks and they have since slipped down the table, now seven points adrift of fourth. The San Sebastian club also exited the Europa League with a whimper to Man Utd, so all focus will now be directed towards La Liga.
- Real Madrid (vs Atalanta): Courtois; Vazquez, Varane, Nacho, Mendy; Casemiro, Modric, Kroos; Asensio, Vinicius Jr, Isco.
- Real Sociedad (vs Man Utd): Remiro; Gorosabel, Zubeldia, Sagnan, Munoz; Zubimendi, Guevara, Merino; Januzaj, Oyarzabal, Isak.
There is an injury crisis currently engulfing the Bernabeu and there are few signs of Zidane’s extensive casualty list abating any time soon. He enters this contest with only 11 fit senior players, with the likes of Rodrygo, Dani Carvajal, Sergio Ramos, Federico Valverde, Eden Hazard, Marcelo and Alvaro Odriozola all out. Eder Militao and Karim Benzema face a late fitness test, but this game may have come too soon for the convalescing duo.
Real Madrid vs Real Sociedad betting tips:
Squawka’s exclusive Real Madrid vs Real Sociedad ‘Request A Bet’ selection (via Betfair):
All odds correct at the time of writing. 18+ Only. Terms and Conditions Apply.
CLICK HERE to claim BetFair’s new customer offer. 18+ only. Place 5 x £10 or more bets to receive £20 in free bets. Repeat up to 5 times to receive maximum £100 bonus. Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Exchange bets excluded. Payment restrictions apply. T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.
Players to watch:
- Real Madrid: With so many star names currently out of action, this is a perfect opportunity for the likes of Vinicius Junior to come to the fore and a stake a significant claim in Zidane’s starting XI. The Brazil international has started just 12 games this season but has naturally been a serious first-teamer in recent weeks given the current injury predicament. He has failed to find the back of the net in any of his last 18 La Liga games so will need to start influencing games with greater alacrity in the final third, or he will once again find his place in jeopardy when Zidane welcomes back a clutch of his injured attackers. Against Sociedad, the talented 20-year-old has attempted (33) and completed (16) more dribbles in his La Liga career than against any other side (48.5% success).
- Real Sociedad: Alexander Isak scored a hat-trick against Alavas in his last La Liga match and the prolific Swede will no doubt be determined to add to his tally and have his name light up the headlines against one of Spain’s great heavyweight clubs. The former Borussia Dortmund marksman has notched a quite brilliant 12 La Liga goals this term and has given himself an outside chance of competing for the ‘Pichichi’ this term, but he will have to step up in games of this magnitude if he is to seriously threaten the likes of Lionel Messi and Luis Suarez in the race for La Liga’s ‘Golden Boot’.
La Liga 2020/21 recent form:
- Real Madrid: WWWWL
- Real Sociedad: WWWDD
More live stream options: