Real Madrid will be hoping to build on their win over Eibar when they play host to Valencia in La Liga on Thursday.
Zinedine Zidane’s men secured a convincing 3-1 win over struggling Eibar, with goals from Toni Kroos, Sergio Ramos and Marcelo separating the sides.
The result kept second-placed Los Blancos in hot pursuit of current table-toppers Barcelona, with this title race proving one of the tightest for years.
Valencia, meanwhile, currently sit seventh in the table but only four points adrift of the final Champions League qualification place.
It’s a tall order, but Los Murcelagos can’t afford to see points fall by the wayside against Real after their disappointing stalemate against Levante.
Albert Celades oversaw a 1-1 draw in the reverse fixture at Mestalla, but can he mastermind another valuable point? Or will Real steamroll their competitors?
Where to watch Real Madrid vs Valencia on TV:
- UK: LaLigaTV
- US: beIN SPORTS
Where to live stream Real Madrid vs Valencia:
UK: Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those without a Bet365 account already who are interested in streaming Real Madrid vs Valencia live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund the new account.
- Pick the desired event from among the ‘live now’ or ‘schedule’ sections in Bet365’s ‘live streaming’ category.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (16/06/20, 11:30)
Real Madrid & Valencia’s confirmed line-ups and live stats:
Mariano Diaz, Luka Jovic and Nacho all remain sidelined for Zidane, while Lucas Vazquez and Gareth Bale are doubtful for this match. Centre-back duo Ezequiel Garay and Gabriel Paulista continue their rehabilitions in the treatment rooms, as does Cristiano Piccini for Valencia.
Players to watch:
- Real Madrid: Eden Hazard. The former Chelsea winger has endured a stop-start season at the Bernabeu, with persistent injuries hampering his progress in the Real shirt. But the Belgian trickster is now back in action after another lengthy setback and will be hoping to get a consistent run of games under his belt to truly showcase his world class ability. He started against Eibar last weekend and picked up an assist in the first half and is likely to be handed another starting berth against Valencia. When he’s on form and playing with confidence there are few players in world football more enjoyable to watch, such is his dribbling virtuosity and ankle-snapping ability.
- Valencia: Francis Coquelin. If the visitors are to stand a chance of walking away from the capital with points on the board, then they will need their most competent enforcer on song. The former Arsenal man and Hazard have previous, with the latter famously bedazzling the hatchet-man and sending him spiralling to the canvas in his famous solo effort against the Gunners, in which he collected the ball in the centre circle before galloping half the length of the pitch and tucking home. Coquelin is still living with the ghosts of that goal and will need to be more authoritative on Thursday to avoid a repeat.
Scoreline prediction: Real Madrid 2-1 Valencia
La Liga 2019/20 recent form:
- Real Madrid: WLWLD
- Valencia: DDWLD