Real Madrid will look to keep pace with La Liga leaders Barcelona when they host Eibar on Sunday evening.
Los Blancos head into matchday 28 sitting two points behind Quique Setien’s side and know they’ve got 11 more games to close the gap on the defending champions.
Despite being outscored 63-49 by Barça, Real have the strongest defensive record in La Liga, conceding just 19 goals so far.
It bodes well for Zinedine Zidane’s men that Eibar have scored the fourth-lowest number of goals (27) in the Spanish top flight this season and had lost four of their last five matches prior to the suspension of play.
Will the Madrid-based club make a victorious return to action or will José Luis Mendilibar mastermind the destruction of Madrid’s title charge?
Where to watch Real Madrid vs Eibar on TV:
- UK: La Liga TV
- US: beIN SPORTS
Where to live stream the game:
UK: Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those without a Bet365 account already who are interested in streaming Real Madrid vs Eibar live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund the new account.
- Pick the desired event from among the ‘live now’ or ‘schedule’ sections in Bet365’s ‘live streaming’ category.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (13/06/2020, 14:45)
Real Madrid & Eibar’s previous line-ups:
- Real Madrid (vs Real Betis): Courtois; Militao, Varane, Ramos, Marcelo; Modric, Casemiro, Kroos; Vazquez, Benzema, V. Junior.
- Eibar (vs Real Sociedad): Dmitrovic; Rober, Arbilla, Bigas, Angel; Alvarez, Escalante*; Orellana, Exposito, Inui; Kike.
Zidane has confirmed striker Luka Jovic may miss the rest of the season with a broken foot but the Frenchman is able to welcome Eden Hazard and Marco Asensio back to fitness. Spain international centre-back Nacho is out with an injury picked up in training recently.
Eibar will be without midfielder Gonzalo Escalante due to suspension, while centre-back Ivan Ramis is suspended for the trip to the Bernabeu.
Players to watch:
- Real Madrid: Whether it’s down to self-confessed dietary issues, Zidane struggling to work out who fits best around him or a failure to work up an understanding with Karim Benzema, Eden Hazard is yet to adjust to life at the Bernabeu, struggling to match the world-class performances of his Chelsea days. Partly due to the difference in systems between Maurizio Sarri’s 2018/19 Chelsea and Zidane’s Real Madrid this term, Hazard is having to stay on the left flank much more than he used to, as opposed to being allowed the freedom to roam across the forward line to link with teammates. With that left flank often crowded by the drifting runs of Benzema, and the adventurous movements of Marcelo and Ferland Mendy from left-back, Hazard is far less influential on Real Madrid’s play in the final third, so it’s no surprise to see his assists and big chances created per 90 drop from 0.46 and 0.55 respectively last season to 0.12 and 0.24 respectively this campaign. However, with Barça massively outscoring Los Blancos so far this season, Zidane simply must find a solution to this problem moving forward. After all, Hazard undoubtedly has the potential to be Madrid’s attacking focal point.
- Eibar: Los Armeros have been hugely reliant on veterans in the final third this season, with their top three La Liga goalscorers all aged 30 or above. Fabian Orellana tops the pile with seven goals, but the Chilean is equally important to Eibar thanks to his creativity, adding a further six assists to his tally this season, three from set-pieces and three from open play. Eibar are almost certain to spend most of their time at the Bernabeu out of possession so when they do get the ball, expect them to quickly work it to Orellana in the hope he can conjure a goalscoring opportunity, while Madrid also need to be wary of his delivery from dead-ball situations.
Scoreline prediction: Real Madrid 3-0 Eibar
La Liga 2019/20 recent form:
- Real Madrid: WDLWL
- Eibar: LLWLL