RB Leipzig will look to put some pressure on Bundesliga leaders Bayern Munich when they host Augsburg on Friday at 7:30pm (UK time).
Julian Nagelsmann’s men are seven points adrift of the reigning champions but with Bayern currently in Club World Cup action, this is a good chance for Leipzig to take a chunk out of that lead against an Augsburg side stuck in 13th place.
How to live stream RB Leipzig vs Augsburg online:
Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those who are interested in streaming RB Leipzig vs Augsburg live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund your account.
- Navigate to the ‘In-Play’ link at the top of the homepage and select your desired event.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account or placed a bet in the last 24 hours, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (10:00, 12/02/2021).
Where to watch RB Leipzig vs Augsburg on TV:
- UK: BT Sport 3
- US: ESPN+
Scoreline prediction: RB Leipzig 2-0 Augsburg
Compare football odds to get the best in the market using the Oddspedia tool below. Selecting a price will take you to the bookmaker’s sign-up page, where you can register, claim whatever welcome offer is available to new customers and place your bet. (18+ only, Be Gamble Aware)
RB Leipzig vs Augsburg build-up, previous line-ups & injury news:
After an initial New-Year wobble, Leipzig have steadied the ship in recent weeks, winning their last three games across all competitions, including Bundesliga victories over Schalke and Bayer Leverkusen.
Nagelsmann’s side are three points clear of third-placed Wolfsburg and, as such, represent the best chance of any side denying Bayern of a ninth consecutive Bundesliga title.
Augsburg, meanwhile, head north on a wretched run of seven defeats in their last nine games across all competitions, including a 3-0 DFB-Pokal defeat to Leipzig in December. Consequently, Heiko Herrlich’s men have slipped to 13th in the table, sitting just five points clear of the relegation playoff place.
Can Leipzig keep their faint title hopes alive, or will Augsburg pull themselves away from danger?
- RB Leipzig (vs Schalke): Gulacsi; Mukiele, Upamecano, Orban; Adams, Tasende, Olmo, Sabitzer; Nkunku, Sørloth.
- Augsburg (vs Wolfsburg): Gikiewicz; Gumny, Goueleeuw, Uduokhai, Pedersen; Strobl, Gruezo; Caligiuri, Benes, Hahn; Niederlechner.
Justin Kluivert missed the win over Schalke with an ankle injury and remains doubtful here while Emil Forsberg, Dominik Szoboszlai and Konrad Laimer are all sidelined.
Alfred Finnbogason and Raphael Framberger are both out with muscle problems while Augsburg left-back Iago is also a doubt.
CLICK HERE to claim BetFair’s new customer offer. 18+ only. Place 5 x £10 or more bets to receive £20 in free bets. Repeat up to 5 times to receive maximum £100 bonus. Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Exchange bets excluded. Payment restrictions apply. T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.
Players to watch:
- RB Leipzig: Continuing his wonderful campaign on loan in Germany, Angeliño was on hand to provide two assists as Leipzig cruised past Schalke in a 3-0 win last time out. That takes the 24-year-old to four goals and six assists in the Bundesliga so far this season, while across all competitions, those totals extend to eight and 11, respectively. Angeliño found the net last time these two sides met back in December and he’ll be keen to do so again as he seeks to get the attention of Spanish national team manager Luis Enrique.
- Augsburg: Goals have been a real source of frustration during Augsburg’s recent poor run, with Herrlich’s men finding the net just five times across those nine games. Responsible for two of those goals was Florian Niederlechner, who netted a brace as Augsburg beat Union Berlin 2-1. Given he found the net 13 times in 33 appearances during 2019/20, it will come as a surprise to many that those were Niederlechner’s first two Bundesliga goals of the season. The 30-year-old did follow up his brace with an assist against Borussia Dortmund, but Herrlich will be desperate for Niederlechner to rediscover his golden touch in front of goal as he looks to pull his side away from the relegation scrap. Can he do just that against Leipzig?
Bundesiga 2020/21 recent form:
- RB Leipzig: DWLWW
- Augsburg: LLWLL
More live stream options: