RB Leipzig will be hoping they can keep hold of their place in the Bundesliga’s top four when they host Paderborn on Saturday.
Julian Nagelsmann’s side are third in the table and two points clear of fifth-placed Bayer Leverkusen despite an indifferent run of form in recent weeks. Monday’s 4-2 win over Koln was just Leipzig’s second in six Bundesliga matches, with the Saxony-based club falling out of the title race due to too many draws.
But after returning to winning ways against Koln, Leipzig will fancy their chances of adding another win against bottom of the table Paderborn. With just five games remaining, Paderborn’s time in the Bundesliga looks to be running out, with the club eight points behind Fortuna Dusseldorf in the relegation play-off spot.
Paderborn are without a win since January and were routed 6-1 by Borussia Dortmund on Sunday, a scoreline RB Leipzig will be aiming to replicate this weekend.
Where to watch RB Leipzig v Paderborn on TV:
- UK: BT Sport 2
- US: Fox Soccer 2
Where to live stream the game:
- UK: Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those without a Bet365 account already who are interested in streaming RB Leipzig vs Paderborn live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund the new account.
- Pick the desired event from among the ‘live now’ or ‘schedule’ sections in Bet365’s ‘live streaming’ category.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account, BeGambleAware.
- US: Readers based in the States can try Fubo, who are currently running a free trial offer.
RB Leipzig & Paderborn’s confirmed lineups:
+++ Breaking News +++
— RB Leipzig (@DieRotenBullen) June 6, 2020
- RB Leipzig: Gulácsi; Mukiele, Klostermann, Upamecano, Angeliño; Adams, Kampl; Olmo, Nkunku; Werner, Schick.
Marcel Halstenberg returns from suspension but can only make the substitute bench.
— SC Paderborn 07 (@SCPaderborn07) June 6, 2020
- Paderborn: Zingerle; Jans, Strohdiek, Hünemeier, Collins; Gjasula, Vasiliadis; Pröger, Srbeny, Antwi-Adjeil; Mamba.
Klaus Gjasula is back for Paderborn following suspension and goes straight into their starting lineup.
Players to watch:
- RB Leipzig: In the absence of Yussuf Poulsen, Patrik Schick has stepped up for Leipzig in the past two games and will be looking to continue his good form against Paderborn. A summer arrival on loan from Roma, Schick has had a tough time contending with the likes of Poulsen and Werner. Before his injury, Poulsen appeared to be winning the battle, scoring two goals and recording two assists since the Bundesliga returned to action, but Schick has fired back. In his past two games, the 24-year-old has scored twice including the equaliser against Koln on Monday, which began Leipzig’s comeback. Nagelsmann’s side do hold an option to sign Schick permanently from Roma this summer and it is something they could take advantage of if the forward keeps scoring – potentially as a replacement for Werner.
- Paderborn: As previously mentioned, Paderborn will be able to call upon Klaus Gjasula for the visit to Saxony on Saturday and the midfielder will be tasked with shutting down Leipzig’s play. Among Paderborn’s squad, only Sebastian Vasiliadis (68) has made more tackles than Gjasula’s 65, and only six – including Vasiliadis – have made more in the Bundesliga as a whole. But one unwanted record Gjasula has had this season has been his accumulation of yellow cards. Gjasula’s most recent suspension came after he was cautioned for the 15th time this season, against Augsburg. Only once in Bundesliga history has a player received more yellow cards in a single season, when Tomasz Hajto was booked 16 times in 1998/99. Gjasula may need to equal Hajto’s record if Paderborn are to have any chance of stopping Leipzig.
Scoreline prediction: RB Leipzig 4-0 Paderborn
Bundesliga 2019/20 recent form:
- RB Leipzig: WDWDD
- Paderborn: LDDDL