Paris Saint-Germain and Rennes will both look to return to winning ways after disappointing Champions League performances when they face off in Ligue 1 on Saturday evening (8pm kick off)
The defending French champions fell to a 2-1 defeat at RB Leipzig whilst Champions League debutants Rennes were brushed aside by Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.
Both, though, have looked promising in France’s top division with PSG leading the championship after nine matches played. However, they currently sit three points ahead of
Julien Stéphan’s side in third, and Rennes will close the gap with a famous win. But can they get it?
Where to watch PSG vs Rennes on TV:
- UK: BT Sport 1
- US: beIN SPORTS
Where to live stream PSG vs Rennes:
UK: Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those without a Bet365 account already who are interested in streaming PSG v Rennes live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund the new account.
- Pick the desired event from among the ‘live now’ or ‘schedule’ sections in Bet365’s ‘live streaming’ category.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (5/11/20, 14:30)
PSG & Rennes’ previous line-ups:
- PSG (vs RB Leipzig): Navas; Florenzi, Pereira, Kimpembe, Kurzawa; Marquinhos, Gueye, Herrera; Di María, Kean, Sarabia.
- Rennes (vs Chelsea): Gomis; Traoré, Da Silva, Aguerd, Dalbert; Nzonzi; Gboho, Léa Siliki, Bourigeaud, Terrier; Guirassy.
Tuchel is set to go into the weekend again without the services of Neymar, Mauro Icardi, Julian Draxler, Marco Verratti and Juan Bernat. Kylian Mbappe is a doubt, but his recent call up for France has created hope that he may be fit to feature.
As for their opponents they visit the French capital missing Daniele Rugani, Eduardo Camavinga, Faitout Maouassa and Mbaye Niang.
Players to watch:
- PSG: The absence of Tuchel’s big-hitters places an even greater emphasis on those filling in, none more so than promising Italian youngster Moise Kean, who is expected to lead PSG’s line once more. Kean, on loan from Everton, has made six appearances PSG so far both coming equally in the Champions League and Ligue 1, scoring four times in the process. Kean is expected to start a third consecutive league game and, worryingly for Rennes, his only goals to date have come at the Parc des Princes when he grabbed a brace against struggling Dijon in late October.
- Rennes: A disappointing visit to Stamford Bridge will need to be put behind them when Rennes face an equally difficult challenge this weekend. Their domestic form, though, has been encouraging with only their upcoming opponents (23) having outscored Julien Stéphan’s men (18) in Ligue 1 so far this season. Playing a key role is forward Serhou Guirassy, who joined from Amiens this past summer, and has scored three goals in eight games so far, also recording one assist. Guirassy cut a lonely figure against Chelsea and if Rennes are to leave Paris with a result then he’ll need to be regularly active.
Scoreline prediction: PSG 2-0 Rennes
Ligue 1 2020/21 recent form:
- PSG: WWWWW
- Rennes: WDDLW
Compare football odds to get the best in the market using the Oddspedia tool below. Selecting a price will take you to the bookmaker’s sign-up page, where you can register, claim whatever welcome offer is available to new customers and place your bet. (18+ only, Be Gamble Aware)