The Premier League has come back with a bang. VAR controversies, superb strikes and absolute howlers; we’ve seem them all during the opening couple of weeks of the 2019/20 season.
As expected, things are proving to be difficult to predict. But we’re giving it our best crack by playing MatchPint’s ‘Budweiser Premier Predictor’ game.
Click here to download the Match Pint app and use the code SQWKA to join our league and compete against the Squawka Team.
Every single gameweek this season, supporters have the chance to predict the final score of each televised fixture. And if you call a score exactly right then you win a free Budweiser. Easy peasy, right?
There are five games to predict ahead of gameweek three and you can see how the Squawka Team sees things playing out below:
Aston Villa vs Everton: 0-2
Jack Grealish’s ongoing list of ‘Ls’ has shown no sign of letting up in recent weeks. Although Villa look capable of competing in the top flight, Dean Smith’s men have come up short so far and need to improve to stop their relegation obituaries being written.
Meanwhile, the Toffees have kept two clean sheets on the trot this season and we expect Jordan Pickford to chalk up number three on Friday night.
Norwich vs Chelsea: 1-2
Move over Jamie Vardy. Teemu Pukki is having a party. The Norwich striker is joint top of the goalscoring charts and will fancy his chances of finding the net against a somewhat disjointed Blues defence.
Frank Lampard’s men cannot survive on mere pats on the back for playing well for much longer and need a result at Carrow Road. It’s going to be tight, but we think the west Londoners will edge it.
Liverpool vs Arsenal: 3-1
This is the big one. All eyes will be on Anfield as Liverpool look to make a title statement. Roberto Firmino is the new Didier Drogba. Why? Because he loves to absolutely terrorise Gunners defenders.
The Brazilian has scored eight goals in eight games against the north Londoners and we think it is Jurgen Klopp’s side who will come out on top.
Bournemouth vs Man City: 1-4
Pep Guardiola is probably still raging about last week’s VAR decision against Spurs, but that is likely to be bad news for the Cherries. City will be fired up to reverse the perceived injustice and another hatful of goals is expected to be on the way.
Goalkeeper Aaron Ramsdale has impressed in his opening two Premier League appearances for Eddie Howe’s side but may well be in for a long afternoon.
Spurs vs Newcastle: 2-0
The north Londoners had to count their lucky stars at the Etihad Stadium but won’t want to leave anything to chance against Newcastle.
Steve Bruce’s side were battered by Norwich and appear to be there for the taking. With Heung-min Son back from suspension, Spurs’ front line should be firing on all cylinders and we are backing Mauricio Pochettino’s men to run out comfortable winners.
Don’t forget, you can use code SQWKA to join our league and get involved.
The Premier Predictor promotion runs throughout the 2019/20 Premier League™ season giving you the opportunity to predict the results of the televised matches. Players will be able to win Budweiser, Budweiser Prohibitions or soft drinks alternatives during every round of the Premier League by getting 1 correct prediction per round. Players can also win Premier League™ game day tickets and other great prizes throughout the season by topping various leagues each month. The promotion is available for players in England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and Ireland who are over the age of 18. Full terms below.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
No Purchase Necessary. Subject to availability. Internet Access required. Registration to MatchPint app required.
The promotion will run between 26/07/2019 and 22/05/2020 inclusive (“Promotional Period”)
1) The promoter is MatchPint Ltd. (Company Number: 07168721) whose registered office is at 3A Westbourne Road, Islington, N7 8AR (the “Promoter”)
2) The promotion allows participants the chance to win a Free Drink, as defined and in accordance with the terms below (the “Promotion”).
3) The Promotion is only open to residents of the Republic of Ireland, Scotland, Northern Ireland, England & Wales who are aged 18 or over, excluding any individual who is immediate family of the Promoter, or its associated agents or anyone that is professionally associated with the Promotion.
4) For the avoidance of doubt, all decisions in respect of the Premier Predictor (including registration, deadlines, points, winners and game rules) shall be at MatchPint’s absolute discretion. All such decisions will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
5) The Promotion will open at 12:01 am on 26/07/2019 and entries will close at 14:59 pm on 17/05/2020 (the “Eligibility Period”).
6) By entering the Promotion, the Participant will be deemed to have read and understood these Terms & Conditions and be bound by them.
How to Enter
7) To be eligible for a free drink or to win prizes, a participant must do the following:
a. Register, or have an existing registered profile on the MatchPint app;
b. Open the MatchPint app;
c. Make a prediction on the “Premier Predictor” (“Prediction”);
d. Successfully gain enough points to earn a prize, as laid out below.
8) Neither the Promoter, affiliates of the Promoter or Participating Outlets will be held responsible for technical errors that result in the Promotion malfunctioning on Participants devices. Human liability through the administration of this Promotion is specifically excluded.
9) Each round of Predictions gives the Participant the opportunity to win a free Budweiser or soft drink alternative, Premier League™ match day tickets and other prizes as notified.
10) Entries will only be accepted through the MatchPint app.
11) To ensure the Promotion works correctly users will need to be connected to the internet, with Location settings on, via either 3G, 4G, 5G, Wi-Fi or alternative connections on their mobile device.
12) All entries through third parties, groups or agents will be deemed invalid. All entries and subsequent claims must only be made by the Participant. Any attempts to circumvent the system via force, scripts, automated devices, multiple accounts or any other means will not be accepted. Any prizes won via these methods will be disqualified and any prizes won will be invalidated.
13) To be eligible to take part in the Promotion, the Participant will be automatically entered into 2 public leagues – MatchPint Global League and the league of the Premier League™ team they select they are supporting. On these leagues, and any other public leagues, the Participants first name and last name will be displayed to other users on the App and Website.
15) Participants will only be able to make between 4 or 5 predictions per “Game Week” during the Promotional Period, depending on how many live Premier League™ matches are televised.
16) The Promoter, Partner or any affiliates are not liable for any costs incurred to the Participant via downloading the App or any other way linked to taking part in the Promotion. Therefore the Participant agrees to accept these charges wholly.
17) During the Promotional Period there will be the Premier Predictor available on the MatchPint app.
18) During each round of the Premier League’s 2019/20 football season (“Tournament”) Participants will be able to predict the score for each live televised Premier League football game. This will usually be between 4 and 5 games and is subject to change depending on broadcasters. If there are more than 5 games set to be televised during a round, MatchPint will determine which 5 games will be eligible.
19) Participants can only select one score for each game, but they will be able to alter their prediction as many times as they like until each game kicks off. In some instances this might be up to 1 minute before kick off.
20) There will be 3 rounds of fixtures available to predict at any one during the Promotional Period, but it is up to the Participant when they would like to make their predictions up to the aforementioned shut off point.
21) Participants will be awarded points for correctly predicting the outcome of each match, with a maximum score of 30 points per match.
22) The participant’s score for each match is calculated by:
a. No points will be awarded to the Participant if they do not correctly predict the match result (outright winner or draw) in the first instance.
b. In case of “A winner”:
i. 30 points, total, will be awarded for a “Perfect Score” where the correct winning team, and correct scoreline is predicted’
ii. 10 points, total, will be awarded for predicting the correct winning team, but not the correct scoreline;
c. In case of “A draw”:
i. 30 points, total, will be awarded for the correct tied scoreline
ii. 10 points, total, will be awarded for correctly predicting a draw, but not predicting the correct scoreline
23) A Participant can take part in as many, or as few, matches in each round as they would like.
The Prize of a Free Drink
24) There is a maximum of 1 (one) free Budweiser, or soft drink alternative, per Participant per game week of the Premier League to redeem in a Participating Outlet of the Participant’s choice
25) A Participant will be able to win by getting a “Perfect Score”:
a. correctly predict the result and the margin they will get an “Instant Win” voucher within the MatchPint app;
b. An Instant Win Pint is available immediately after the match ending that the prediction was made for;
c. The drink will be redeemable in a Participating Venue of their choice;
d. The drink will expire at 23:59 on the following Friday.
26) Gaining an “Instant Win” will activate a voucher within the MatchPint app that the Participant must display at a Participating Venue to unlock a free pint of Budweiser, or soft drink alternative. Where the Participating Venue does not stock Budweiser on draught, the offer will be on a Bottle of Budweiser.
27) Participants will be able to request a soft drink alternative, subject to availability
28) Subsequent correct predictions in the same round do not count towards anymore “Instant Win” in that round, but the scores will contribute towards their total scores.
29) All free pints are reset at 23:59 every Friday.
30) The prize giveaways will run from the 26/07/2019 to the 10/05/2020.
31) Participants are automatically enrolled into 2 leagues, “Leagues”, on the first time they enter the Premier Predictor:
a. MatchPint Global League
b. Premier League Team Supporters League
32) Cumulative scores for all Predictions made in completed rounds will be visible in the Leagues section of the app. The scores will be included by month and as a total for each league the Participant is in.
33) The promoter intends (but does not undertake) for there to be 40 (forty) pairs of tickets to the Premier League in 2019 available to win during the Premier Predictor.
34) Each month of the Promotional Period prizes will be announced for each public league and will appear in the “Prizes Tab”. Future prizes will be greyed out, but if a Participant clicks on each Prize they will be able to see which League and prize month it corresponds to.
35) Prizes will be given to the Month Winner of the league the prizes have been allocated to.
36) In the event of any ties of score, prizes will be allocated at random.
37) Participants will receive a push notification and email from the promoter by highlighting a winning ticket, therefore Participants must have push notifications turned on to ensure they can be contracted.
38) Winners will be requested to put their contact information into the App when they are notified of winning a Prize in order to fulfil the prize only.
39) Participants are limited to five entries per round of matches
40) Any additional incurred costs by the Winner in winning prizes, shall be the Winner’s own and the Promoter or its affiliates accept no liability, save for postage and packaging.
41) In case of any tickets given away:
a. Winners must make their own way to the matches, and the Promoter will not cover any costs incurred;
b. Winners must be eligible to travel in the UK and Ireland on, or before, the date of their ticket winning and should remain contactable for 7 days after they have won;
c. The tickets may not be sold, or transferred
d. The tickets may only be transferred to immediate family in exceptional cases where the Winner cannot make the game, and the Promoter must be informed within 7 days of winning;
e. The tickets will be placed under the Winner’s own name (except if MatchPint has been informed as above), and they will require proof of ID;
f. The promoter reserves the right to re-award tickets if the winners have not responded by 23:59 on the following Tuesday of receiving their winning notification, or if they are unable to attend.
42) If the Promoter has not received confirmation from Winners within 7 days of being notified via both Push Notification, In-App Message and Email, the prizes may be reallocated at the Promoter’s discretion.
43) Prizes may be added to the Promotion at any point, these prizes will be visible, if the Participant is a member of that League, from within the App.
General and Winner’s Details
46) The promoter, or its partners or Affiliates may choose to use Participant’s names, or league names, for future promotional, marketing and publicitiy purposes of MatchPint or the Premier Predictor in any and all media without notice to them and without any fee being paid. If you object to the use of your name, or league name, please contact email@example.com.
47) The promoter may also wish to use, in addition to your name, a photograph of any Winners for promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media. The Promoter will contact winners to request this consent directly.
49) Participation in no way obligates the Player to receive marketing communications from MatchPint, or its Affiliates, unless otherwise indicated during the registration to the Site, App, or when registering for this Promotion.
50) Free drinks may not be transferred, delayed or exchanged. They cannot be extended beyond the Friday
51) Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability, for any injury sustained, loss, or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; or any tax liability incurred by any participant. The Promoter will not be liable for any loss, damage or injury sustained, as a result of, or in connection with this Promotion (in contract, negligence or otherwise) where:
a. there is no breach of a legal duty of care owed to the participant;
b. the loss or damage is not a reasonably foreseeable result of any such breach; or
c. any loss or damage or increase in loss or damage results from a breach by the participant of these terms and conditions or to the extent that the participant has failed to mitigate such loss or damage; and
d. any loss or damage or increase in loss or damage results from business losses, and/or losses to non-consumers and any other third party.
52) In the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the Promoter, or otherwise where fraud, abuse, and/or an error (human or computer) affects or could affect the proper operation of this Promotion or the awarding of prizes, and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the Promotion or these terms and conditions, at any stage, but will always endeavour to minimize the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
53) There are no cash alternatives for any of the prizes in this Promotion, in whole or in part. In events of circumstances outside the Promoters control the Promoter reserves the right to substitute similar or alternatives of equal or greater value.
54) The Promoter shall not be held liable for:
a. Systems failures at the redemption of the handling house
b. any failure to fulfil obligations of any third parties involved in this Promotion
c. any fraud committed by any third party nor in an event beyond its control
55) Participants consent by entering the Promotion that their personal information, including name and contact information, can be shared with 3rd Parties in order to fulfil Promotional obligations and fulfilment. This does not include the consent to receive marketing communications from these 3rd Parties.
56) The Promoter’s decision is final in all promotional circumstances, and reserve the right not to enter into correspondence.
57) The decision of the pub landlord or management at the Participating Outlet regarding any Free Drinks in the Promotion is final.
58) All Participants in this Promotion must be of legal UK drinking age and over 18 at the point of entry into the Promotion, and must not knowingly refer anyone to the Promotion that is not of legal UK drinking age and over 18.
59) Winners consent to any reasonable publicity accompanying the Promotion required on behalf of the Promoter and its partners if so requested. This includes displaying and publication of the winners names and images.
60) No waiver – the Promoter’s failure to enforce any provision of these terms and conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision.
61) This offer and these terms are governed by English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England, Scotland and Wales.
© 2019, MatchPint Limited, all rights reserved.