Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba has admitted his future at the club remains in doubt.
The Frenchman, 26, played an integral role in United’s 4-0 rout over Chelsea in their opening game of the new Premier League season, recording two assists.
Will Pogba remain at Man Utd? Five things to know…
- Paul Pogba was linked with a move away from Manchester United over the summer.
- Real Madrid were among the clubs reportedly interested and the Spanish window is open until September 2.
- Pogba started in Man Utd’s 4-0 win over Chelsea on Sunday.
- The Frenchman recorded two assists in the victory.
- But Pogba has admitted his future still remains in doubt.
There had previously been some doubt as to whether Pogba would still be a Manchester United player, with interest from Real Madrid reportedly high over the summer.
And with the Spanish transfer window still open until September 2, Pogba admits questions marks still remain over his future.
“Obviously there have been things said but only time will tell,” he told reporters.
“This question mark remains. However, as I said, I am here in Manchester. I enjoy playing with my teammates and I always want to win every game. I always give it everything.
“I am always good whenever I play football. It is what I love – it is my job. I give the maximum each time I am on a green pitch.”
Pogba is not the only midfielder targeted by Real Madrid this summer, with Tottenham Hotspur’s Christian Eriksen and Donny van de Beek of Ajax also reportedly on Los Blancos’ wishlist.
And, according to Van de Beek, talks over a potential move are ongoing, which could end Real Madrid’s chase of Pogba.
Subscribe to Squawka’s Youtube channel here.
Pogba not bothered by position
The 4-0 win over Chelsea saw Pogba operate in a slightly deeper position than normal, as part of a two-man holding line alongside Scott McTominay.
Pogba’s role sees the Frenchman closer to his own defence than he has normally been seen, able to start moves with his passing range – as shown with his assist for Marcus Rashford. And the 26-year-old is not bothered by the position change.
“That has been there for a while now – since before this season,” he added.
“In terms of organisation, it is a bit more like how I play with the French national team. It does not bother me where I play, whether it is higher or lower, we adapt and enjoy.
“The team too, we were much better coming out of the back and that is something to keep going with in the coming games.”