Palmeiras will aim to finish their Copa Libertadores group stage campaign on a high when they face Tigre at the Allianz Parque stadium in Sao Paulo on Thursday night at 01:30 am (UK time).
Palmeiras’ run in this Copa Libertadores group stage campaign has been sublime with four victories and one draw in five rounds. They have definitely been the best team in group B, holding an excellent record of 12 goals scored and just two conceded in five matches. The worrying thing is that Palmeiras has endured a terrible run of form lately, having lost each of their last four games in the Brazilian Serie A. Their sloppy defence has been the main reason for this recent struggle, as they have allowed at least two goals in each of their last four outings.
The good news for Palmeiras is that Thursday’s opponents, Tigre, are currently on an awful run of results. The Argentine side has won just two of the last 12 games across all competitions and are currently winless in seven matches. Furthermore, their away record reads six defeats in the last six trips, having conceded 14 goals in the process. Regarding their Copa Libertadores group stage campaign, Tigre are rock bottom in group B with just one point to their name after five games.
Palmeiras should be able to breeze past Tigre in this match, despite the fact that the Brazilians haven’t been at their best lately.
Where to live stream Palmeiras vs Tigre:
UK: Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those without a Bet365 account already who are interested in streaming Palmeiras vs Tigre live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund the new account.
- Pick the desired event from among the ‘live now’ or ‘schedule’ sections in Bet365’s ‘live streaming’ category.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (20:15, 21/10/2020)
Compare football odds to get the best in the market using the Oddspedia tool below. Selecting a price will take you to the bookmaker’s sign-up page, where you can register, claim whatever welcome offer is available to new customers and place your bet. (18+ only, Be Gamble Aware)
Palmeiras and Tigre’s previous line-ups:
- Palmeiras (vs Fortaleza): Weverton, Vina, Gomez, Emerson Santos, Mayke, Ze Rafael, Menino, de Paula Carreiro, Lima Lucas, Luiz Adriano, Cavalcante Veiga.
- Tigre (vs Guarani): Marinelli, Sansotre, Giacopuzzi, Rodriguez, Prieto, Cardozo, Prediger, Protti, Cavallaro, Melivilo, Magnin.
Luan, Marcos Rocha, Felipe Melo and Lucas Esteves are all sidelined through injury for Palmeiras. Gustavo Lopez has been suspended in the Serie A, but he can play in this competition.
There are no fresh injury concerns for Tigre ahead of this trip. This only means that Nestor Gorosito can rely on all his players for this game.
Players to watch:
- Palmeiras: When we speak about Palmeiras, then we definitely have to mention Luiz Adriano, as he is for sure the biggest name in the team. Adriano enjoyed a great period while playing in Europe for Shakhtar Donetsk and Spartak Moscow, although he failed to truly deliver for AC Milan back in 2015-2017. The 33-year-old has struggled with injuries over the past few years, but he is still a dangerous player in front of goal, especially against a Tigre side that have conceded 12 goals in this group stage campaign so far.
- Tigre: The departure of Emanuel Dening has hit Tigre more than expected, after the 32-year-old striker managed to score eight goals in 17 matches last season. An interesting player to watch here for Tigre is Pablo Magnin who netted 15 goals in just 18 games last season. The 30-year-old forward has been amazing for Tigre so far, having scored in each of his last three appearances in the Copa Libertadores. Practically, he is the only player in the team that managed to score in this Copa Libertadores group stage campaign.