Hosts Qatar will be hoping to make home advantage pay in the 2022 World Cup.
Qatar have been drawn in Group A alongside the Netherlands, Ecuador and Senegal in a tricky section. The hosts get their tournament underway against Ecuador, before facing Senegal in game two and then they meet the Netherlands in their final match,
The hosts will hoping that hosting the tournament will boost their performance as it did for a number of previous hosts including South Korea in 2002. This marks the first time since their independence that Qatar has hosted the tournament.
They entertain the tournament in good form having lost just one of their previous nine games played.
Qatar to win 2022 World Cup odds
You can find Qatar at 250/1 to win the 2022 World Cup.
2022 World Cup odds
|Nation||Sky Bet||Paddy Power||888 Sport||Nation||Sky Bet||Paddy Power||888 Sport|
You have to be 18+ to gamble. All odds within this article are accurate at the time of writing (17:45, 09/08/2022).BeGambleAware.
Qatar’s potential path to 2022 World Cup final
Qatar have been drawn in Group A alongside Netherlands, Ecuador and Senegal.
They kick off the tournament on the opening day with a fixture against Ecuador, before facing Senegal and ending the group stage with European heavyweights the Netherlands.
Qatar 2022 World Cup group stage fixtures
21 November: Ecuador (4pm UK time)
25 November: Senegal (1pm UK time)
29 November: Netherlands (3pm UK time)
If Qatar win Group A
- If Qatar were to win Group A, this would be their route through to the final, with no complications as only the top two sides go through.
- Last 16: The runners-up of Group B, which consists of England, USA, Iran and Scotland/Wales/Ukraine, in Al Rayyan on 3rd December.
- Quarter-finals: The winner of Match 50, which is played between the winner of Group C (Argentina, Saudi Arabia, Mexico and Poland) and the Group D runners-up (France, Denmark, Tunisia and Peru/UAE/Australia)
- Semi-finals: The winner of Match 58 which will include one of the Group E or Group G winners, or runners-up from Group F or H. Involved in these groups are the likes of Spain, Germany, Belgium, Croatia, Brazil, Portugal and Uruguay.
If Qatar qualify from Group A
- If Qatar finish second in Group A, they will go to the other side of the bracket.
- Last 16: The winners of Group B in Al Khor on 4th December.
- Quarter-finals: The winner of Match 52, played between Group D winners and Group C runners-up.
- Semi-finals: The winner of Match 60, which could include the Group F or H winners, or runners-up from Group E or G.
You can get 20/1 (William Hill) on Qatar to win the group while the best price on them to qualify is 7/1 with Betfair sports book.
Qatar Golden Boot odds
Almoez Ali is their main danger man and has found the back of the net five times in his last nine internationals. He is 250/1 to win the Golden Boot.
2022 World Cup Golden Boot favourites