Preparation for the US Open is rolling on with the top players moving on to the Western & Southern Open in Cincinnati.
We have only just had the end of the Canadian Open, with Jannik Sinner and Jessica Pegula taking the respective crowns, but while that was going on, qualifying for the Cincinnati Open was taking place.
But qualifying is now done and we are into the main draw. As one of the big tournaments of the year, and mandatory on the ATP side, the Cincinnati Open is full of big names. Borna Coric is the defending champion of the ATP side, having beat Stefanos Tsitsipas in straight sets in last year’s final, but his title defence didn’t last long, having being knocked out in round two by Pole Hubert Hurkacz, despite taking the opening set.
After missing the Canadian Open due to fatigue, Novak Djokovic is back in action to build up momentum ahead of the US Open, but there are a few big names missing out. Nick Kyrgios misses out in Cincinnati as well as the US Open, being replaced by Emil Ruusuvuori, while also withdrawing have been Roberto Bautista Agut, Alexander Bublik, Pablo Carreno Busta, Marin Cilic, Milos Raonic, Denis Shapovalov and Jan-Lennard Struff.
Over on the WTA side, although this tournament isn’t mandatory, it still brings a lot of focus as ideal build up for Flushing Meadows. Defending champion, Caroline Garcia, who won the crown by beating Petra Kvitova in last year’s final, was knocked out in her opening match in round two by American Sloane Stephens, having received a bye in round one. There have been just two names to withdraw from the Cincinnati Open on the WTA side, with Paula Badosa and Barbora Strycova, with Venus Williams and Caroline Wozniacki wild card entries — though the latter was knocked out in the first round.
How to live stream Cincinnati Open tennis online:
bet365 are live streaming a selection of matches from this year’s Canadian Open. Here’s how you can access games being live streamed on the bet365 platform:
- Go to bet365 via this link
- Register for an account (this could also earn you up to £30 in free bet credits, though terms and conditions apply and you have to be over 18)
- Make a deposit to unlock the live stream sections of the site
- Head to the live stream section of the site
- Watch your chosen game live
NB: To watch, customers must have a funded Sports account or have placed bet within last 24 hours. 18+ | T&C’s Apply | Gamble Responsibly | Geo restrictions apply. These odds and promotions are valid at the time of the writing of this most recent update.
View all the tennis betting sites here
2023 Cincinnati Open | Schedule | Men’s Final
All start times are UK Time.
Sunday, 20th August
- C. Alcaraz vs N. Djokovic – 9:30pm
2023 Cincinnati Open | Schedule | Women’s Final
Sunday, 20th August
- C. Gauff vs K. Muchova – 6:30pm
Start times are only scheduled and can be delayed if previous matches overrun.
Live Stream Sport: Where to watch online
A wide range of online bookmakers live stream sporting events, from the world’s most popular football matches to niche fixtures you may not necessarily be able to access via traditional TV channels. Click one of the links below to find out how you can access live streams available in your region. 18+ only. Sign-up and funded account required. Geo restrictions and full terms & conditions apply. BeGambleAware.
- Ladbrokes click here – Football, tennis, cricket & more
- Bet365 click here – Football, tennis, darts, basketball, hockey & more
- Unibet click here – Football (La Liga), NFL, NBA, horse racing & more
- Paddy Power click here – UK, Irish and UAE horse racing & more
- Betfair click here – Football, horse racig, tennis & more
- 888 Sport click here – UK and Irish horse racing & more