Neymar has named Sergio Ramos as the best player he’s ever played against.
The Brazilian often came up against the Real Madrid skipper when he was at Barcelona in the El Clasico.
Neymar returning to Spain? 5 things to know…
- Neymar has reportedly told PSG he wants to leave the club.
- He has been heavily linked to Barcelona, the club he left in 2017.
- PSG supposedly rejected a bid of £90 million, Coutinho and Rakitic earlier this week.
- Neymar recently said his best ever moment on a pitch was beating PSG with Barcelona in 2017.
- He would be the second big-name signing for the Spanish champions after Antoine Griezmann joined last week.
Speaking at a Q&A, Neymar said: “The best player I’ve faced? Sergio Ramos. Because he’s an excellent central defender and what’s more, he scores goals.
“He’s very difficult to play against.”
Neymar was often successful against Ramos on the pitch: he scored in two El Clasicos during his time at Barcelona.
Subscribe to Squawka’s Youtube channel here.
“Vinicius Jr. will compete for the Ballon D’Or”
It was not just Ramos that was the subject of praise from Neymar. His Real Madrid team-mate Vinicius Jr. is a compatriot of Neymar, who believes he will reach the top.
He said: “He’s super young and while he may have many years ahead of him, I think he will become an incredible player.
“He’ll become one of the best, he’ll compete for the Ballon d’Or. I hope he gets everything he wants.
“He’s a great kid, very kind. I hope he will go very far because he deserves it.”
Vinicius Jr. joined Real Madrid last season and was in and out of the team. He impressed against Ajax in the Champions League, a tie which they ultimately lost. This season, he will have the small matter of keeping one of Gareth Bale and Eden Hazard out of the team.