Neymar could be closer to leaving PSG than first thought after sporting director Leonardo admitted exit talks are ‘more advanced’.
The Brazilian is unhappy in the French capital and has been linked with both Real Madrid and Barcelona this summer.
Will Neymar make PSG exit? Five key things to know…
- The world’s most expensive player is reportedly unhappy with the French champions.
- Neymar has scored 34 league goals in two seasons in Ligue 1.
- The Brazilian has seen his time in Paris disrupted by injuries.
- Barcelona and Real Madrid have been linked with the player.
- PSG sporting director has revealed talks have progressed with those looking to sign the 27-year-old.
Neymar’s future has been much talked about this summer, with the world’s most expensive player reportedly looking to leave the French champions.
Paris Saint-Germain’s sporting director, Leonardo, admitted talks are moving forward when asked if there was any progress with Neymar’s expected move.
“Talks are more advanced than before, but no agreement,” he told reporters.
“We will see what happens – everybody needs the future to be defined.”
Subscribe to Squawka’s Youtube channel here.
Neymar fitness remains a problem
During his spell in France Neymar has been a sensational player when he has been able to get himself on the pitch.
However, this has not always been possible: the Brazilian has been the subject of a number of frustrating injuries.
Thomas Tuchel revealed that Neymar has been training but is not fully fit.
“He is still a little injured. He took a knock and did not do a full week [of training].”
Since signing for PSG, the 27-year-old has had 12 separate injuries including a fractured metatarsal, ruptured ankle ligament and adductor problems.