UFC star Connor McGregor has revealed which two Manchester United stars have impressed him the most under caretaker manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
United’s form since the arrival of their former striker as interim boss has seen a complete transformation in form from both individual players and the team as a whole.
Is Ole Gunnar get the job? Five things you need to know…
- Solskjaer took over at Manchester United as interim manager following the sacking of former club boss Jose Mourinho in December.
- Solskjaer has only seen United lose once in 12 Premier League fixtures, winning nine times.
- They also defeated Paris Saint-Germain in the Champions League across two legs, winning on away goals with a 3-3 scoreline.
- United have closed the gap between themselves and the top four to just a single point.
- The Red Devils will decide at the end of the campaign if they are to offer Solskjaer the job on a permanent basis.
UFC giant McGregor has spoken to reporters about United’s fortunes since Solskjaer’s arrival at the club.
Speaking about the improvements at the club, McGregor believes that the two standout players who have seen their form drastically change for the better are midfielder Paul Pogba and England striker Marcus Rashford.
McGregor told FIFA: “Paul Pogba and Marcus Rashford have been particularly outstanding under him.
“They are young, confident and fearless athletes who believe in their abilities. Look at how Rashford, at 21 years old and having never taken a penalty, after a long delay and with the weight of the world on his shoulders, stepped up and scored against PSG.
“What a night. Keep going, men!”
Subscribe to Squawka’s Youtube channel here.
Big few fixtures for United
With the international break now in place, there is time for United to re-evaluate the impending fixtures that are heading their way.
Their next two Premier League matches see them take on two of this year’s FA Cup semi-finalists, with both sides impressing in the Premier League too.
A home tie against Watford is followed by a trip to Wolves, the side who knocked United out of the FA Cup just last weekend.
After that is the small matter of a Champions League tie against La Liga giants Barcelona. With the first leg taking place at Old Trafford, United will be hoping for a positive result to take with them in the reverse fixture.