Joe Willock is a doubt for Newcastle United ahead of their trip to London to face West Ham United on Wednesday.
Newcastle United: Team News
Willock, who opened the scoring against Manchester United on Sunday, limped off towards the end of the 2-0 victory, with Eddie Howe uncertain whether it was cramp or a hamstring problem.
Should the former Arsenal man fail a late fitness test, Joelinton is likely to take his place on the left side of a three-man midfield.
Howe is unlikely to want to tinker too much following their impressive win over Erik ten Hag’s side.
Although, he may be tempted to throw in Callum Wilson from the start after scoring the decisive goal from the bench at the weekend, with Alexander Isak making way.
“I think we’re reasonably OK. There’s a few tired bodies in the squad – it was a really big physical effort for us in the game. But hopefully nothing too major,” Howe said during his pre-match press conference.
On Wilson and Isak, he added: “I think we need them both fit, and we haven’t had that luxury on many occasions this season.
“They’re both very different, but they’re both hugely important to us. You need goalscorers, and as many as you can get. That gives us real strength in depth.”
Newcastle United: Predicted Lineup
Newcastle Predicted XI: Nick Pope; Kieran Trippier, Fabian Schar, Sven Botman, Dan Burn; Sean Longstaff, Bruno Guimaraes, Joelinton; Jacob Murphy, Callum Wilson, Allan Saint-Maximin.
Bet365 welcome offer: Bet £10 & Get £30 in Free Bets
Not signed up to bet365 yet? Here's how to claim one of the best bookmaker welcome offers around...
- Open an account (here's a link)
- Make a qualifying deposit of between £5* and £10*
- Claim the offer to receive three times your deposit in 'Free Bets'.
- To release your 'Free Bets', place qualifying bets to the value of your qualifying deposit and allow those bets to settle.
- Your 'Free Bets' will become available shortly after your qualifying bets have settled
- To use your 'Free Bets', select 'Use bet credits' in the bet slip.
New Customers only. Bet £10* & Get £30* in Free Bets. Sign up, deposit between £5* and £10* to your account and bet365 will give you three times that value in Free Bets when you place qualifying bets to the same value and they are settled. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits. Min odds/bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. T&Cs, time limits & exclusions apply. 18+ only. begambleaware.org
Newcastle United: Injury List
- Joe Willock (hamstring) 25% – Potential Return Early April
- Miguel Almiron (thigh) Ruled Out – Potential Return Late April
- Emil Krafth (ACL) Ruled Out – Potential Return Early August