Newcastle will have to take on Manchester United without Miguel Almiron after the attacker was ruled out with a thigh injury.
Newcastle Team News
Newcastle will look to keep their top four challenge going when they host Manchester United but they will need to find a win without Miguel Almiron, with the Paraguayan ruled out with a thigh injury.
Things aren’t looking promising for Anthony Gordon making a return from injury, with the 22 year old facing a late fitness test. When asked about his attacker during a press conference on Friday, Newcastle boss Eddie Howe said, “I don’t know if he will be available. He played a very small part of training on Wednesday, so we’ll see how he has responded to that today.”
Sven Botman has been passed fit after a bout of food poisoning but there is still a small doubt over goalkeeper, Nick Pope.
”He felt a problem in his thigh after the Wolves game and didn’t train in preparation for Forest; he completed that game with a bit of discomfort,” Howe confirmed. “He then trained in Dubai this week so the signs are good.”
Newcastle Predicted Lineup
Newcastle Predicted XI (4-3-3): Nick Pope, Kieran Trippier, Fabian Schar, Sven Botman, Dan Burn, Sean Longstaff, Bruno Guimraes, Joe Willock, Jacob Murphy, Alexander Isak, Joelinton
Betfair welcome offer: Bet £5 get £20 in free bets
- Follow THIS LINK (or click the image below) to set up an account using the code ZBHC01.
- Place a £5 Sportsbook bet.
- Get £20 in Free Bets.
New Customer offer. Place a min £5 bet on the Sportsbook on odds of min 1/2 (1.5), get £20 in Free Bets. Rewards valid for 30 days. SMS verification required. Only deposits via cards will qualify. T&Cs apply. Please Gamble Responsibly
Newcastle injury list
- Miguel Almiron (Thigh) Ruled Out – Potential Return End of April
- Ryan Fraser (Club Decision) Ruled Out – Unlikely to feature again this season
- Emil Krafth (Knee) Ruled Out – Out for the season
- Anthony Gordon (Ankle) 50% – Potential Return Early April
- Allan Saint-Maximum (Thigh) 25% – Potential Return Mid April
- Nick Pope (Undisclosed Injury) 75% – Potential Return Early April
- Sven Botman (Illness) 75% – Potential Return Early April