Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has revealed that new signings Aaron Wan-Bissaka and Daniel James are the quickest in the Manchester United squad.
James and Wan-Bissaka became Solskjaer’s first permanent signings as United boss earlier this window, and the Norweigan spoke highly of the young pair in a recent interview with MUTV.
When asked if he had seen anyone quicker than Daniel James in training, Solskjaer replied: “Maybe Aaron Wan-Bissaka!
“The two of them do have top, top speed. Modern football is stop-start, it is go again, speed, tempo, quality, so those two have put their maker down. Of course, with our boys, we have got some quick ones.
“I think they (the new signings) have been great. Dan came in on the first day, Aaron has just come to tour now and has been training here. I think they enjoy it. Of course it is a step up for them with the quality of team-mates and quality of training.”
Subscribe to Squawka’s Youtube channel here.
A new era under Solskjaer? Five things to know…
- Solskjaer has made it very clear that he wants youth to be the cornerstone of his Man Utd tenure.
- Daniel James and Aaron Wan-Bissaka are both just 21-years-old.
- United are likely to have a lot more money to spend this window, as Romelu Lukaku and Paul Pogba have expressed a desire to leave.
- United had a £70 million for Harry Maguire rejected earlier this window.
- They’ve also been heavily linked with Sporting Lisbon’s Bruno Fernandes.