Napoli will look to stay in touch with the Serie A title race when they host Spezia on Wednesday at 5pm (UK time).
Gennaro Gattuso’s men currently sit fourth in the table, nine points behind unbeaten leaders AC Milan with a game in hand. Spezia, meanwhile, are battling at the opposite end of the Italian top-flight, languishing in 18th after 15 games.
Where to watch Napoli vs Spezia on TV:
- UK: Premier Sports 2
- US: ESPN+
How to live stream Napoli vs Spezia online:
Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those who are interested in streaming Napoli vs Spezia live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund your account.
- Navigate to the ‘In-Play’ link at the top of the homepage and select your desired event.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account or placed a bet in the last 24 hours, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (11:00, 05/01/2021).
Scoreline prediction: Napoli 3-1 Spezia
Compare football odds to get the best in the market using the Oddspedia tool below. Selecting a price will take you to the bookmaker’s sign-up page, where you can register, claim whatever welcome offer is available to new customers and place your bet. (18+ only, Be Gamble Aware)
Napoli vs Spezia build-up, previous line-ups & injury news:
Napoli thrashed Cagliari 4-1 at the weekend to end a three-game winless run, keeping them well in contention in the race to overturn Juventus’ Serie A title dominance. The Partenopei begin a sequence of three games against sides in the bottom half of Serie A when they host Spezia and, given they have conceded fewer goals than any other team in the league so far (13), Gattuso will be confident of acquiring further points.
Spezia’s recent fortunes couldn’t be more of a contrast. Vincenzo Italiano’s men are currently enduring an eight-game winless run in Serie A, taking just three points during that time. As a result, the Little Eagles have slipped into the relegation zone and though a win here could see them rise as high as 15th, confidence is incredibly low.
- Napoli (vs Cagliari): Ospina; Di Lorenzo, Manolas, Maksimovic, Rui; Fabian, Bakayoko; Lozano, Zielinski, Insigne; Petagna.
- Spezia (vs Verona): Provedel; Vignali, Erlic, Chabot*, Marchizza; Estevez, Agoume, Pobega; Agudelo, Nzola, Gyasi.
Napoli will have to continue on without key members of their first team, including Kalidou Koulibaly, Dries Mertens and Victor Osimhen.
Julian Chabot is suspended after his red card against Verona, while Nahuel Estevez is also banned for an accumulation of yellow cards. Simone Bastoni, Federico Mattiello, Jeroen Zoet, and Andrej Galabinov are also unavailable.
Players to watch:
- Napoli: Hirving Lozano‘s rise from disappointment to fulfilling potential has been a joy to watch this season, with the Mexico international finally starting to show exactly why Napoli shelled out close to £38m for his services in 2019. Lozano’s goal in the recent 4-1 win over Cagliari ended a three-game drought and moved him to seven in 14 Serie A appearances, more than any other Napoli player. Lozano has also chipped in with two assists and with the likes of Mertens and Osimhen still sidelined, that mixture of clinical finishing and creativity could be vital to breaking down a cautious Spezia side.
- Spezia: While Spezia have started to capitulate in recent months, M’Bala Nzola has curiously hit peak form. The Angolan forward has netted seven goals in just 917 Serie A minutes so far this season, all of which have come in his last eight appearances. That places him four goals clear of any other Spezia player so far and will make him the centre of attention for Gattuso’s defenders.
Serie A 2020/21 recent form:
- Napoli: WDLLW
- Spezia: LLLDL
More live stream options: