It’s third versus fourth in Serie A this weekend as Napoli play host to Sassuolo on Sunday at 5pm.
Napoli XI: Ospina; Di Lorenzo, Manolas, Koulibaly, Hysaj; Fabian, Bakayoko, Politano, Lozano, Mertens; Osimhen.
Sassuolo XI: Consigli; Ayhan, Chiriches, Ferrari, Rogerio; Lopez, Locatelli, Traore, Muldur, Boga; Raspadori.
Where to watch Napoli vs Sassuolo on TV:
- UK: Premier Sports 1
- US: ESPN+
Where to live stream Napoli vs Sassuolo:
UK: Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those without a Bet365 account already who are interested in streaming Napoli vs Sassuolo live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund the new account.
- Pick the desired event from among the ‘live now’ or ‘schedule’ sections in Bet365’s ‘live streaming’ category.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (14:00, 30/10/20)
Compare football odds to get the best in the market using the Oddspedia tool below. Selecting a price will take you to the bookmaker’s sign-up page, where you can register, claim whatever welcome offer is available to new customers and place your bet. (18+ only, Be Gamble Aware)
Napoli vs Sassuolo build-up, pre-match team news & previous line-ups:
Gennaro Gattuso’s side have been in fine form this season, winning four of their opening five games, with the only defeat inflicted on the Partenopei coming via an awarded 3-0 win to Juventus after they failed to fulfil their fixture.
Napoli were also docked a point following the episode, but have since responded with back-to-back wins and now sit second in the table, clinging to the coattails of early league leaders AC Milan.
Sassuolo have also found themselves in the mix of this early-season title charge, with Roberto De Zerbi’s men level on points with Napoli and one of only three sides still unbeaten this campaign, alongside Milan and Juventus.
The Black and Greens have only won once in their previous 14 encounters with Napoli and will feel now is the time to reverse that trend given their recent form. Will Gattuso follow up from his midweek Europa League win over Real Sociedad, or can Sassuolo remain unbeaten?
- Napoli (vs Real Sociedad): Ospina; Hysaj, Maksimovic, Koulibaly, Rui; Demme, Bakayoko; Politano, Lobotka, Insigne; Petagna.
- Sassuolo (vs Torino): Consigli; Ayhan, Chiriches, Ferrari, Kyriakopoulos; Locatelli, Lopez; Berardi, Raspadori, Djuricic; Caputo.
Lukas Haraslin, Gregoire Defrel and Jeremy Toljan remain out for Sassuolo, while Lorenzo Insigne is the only major doubt for the hosts. Gattuso does, however, welcome back Piotr Zielinski and Eljif Elmas.
Players to watch:
- Napoli: Gattuso may have £70m signing Victor Osimhen to call upon, but one player who has started to come to the fore in recent games and produce the goods is Inter Milan loanee Matteo Politano. The diminutive winger has scored two goals in Serie A this season despite only playing 123 minutes. In fact, only Sam Lammers of Atalanta has played fewer minutes (118) among players with two or more goals in the competition this campaign. Politano also followed up with the only goal in the 1-0 win over Real Sociedad on Thursday night and he will now be determined to continue that hot streak against Sassuolo this weekend.
- Sassuolo: Francesco Caputo is a man in the form of his life at the minute and another fine example of Italian forwards who just do not know when to slow down. Antonio Di Natale was a prolific case study, while Fabio Quagliarella continues to shine at 37 for Sampdoria, but Caputo is also proudly carrying the torch for 30+ strikers. He has found the back of the net in his last four top-flight appearances, with his scoring exploits earning him a first ever cap for Italy earlier this month at the age of 33. With five in five this season, Napoli will know just how much of a threat he poses.
Scoreline prediction: Napoli 1-1 Sassuolo
Serie A 2020/21 recent form:
- Napoli: WWLWW
- Sassuolo: DWWWD