Sporting CP will look to consolidate their current first-place standing in the Primeira Liga when they travel to Moreirense on Monday at 9pm (UK time).
Ruben Amorim’s men remain unbeaten this season and currently hold a seven-point advantage over Porto in second, and with a game in hand. Middling Moreirense will be aiming to temporarily spoil the party in Lisbon and avenge the 2-1 loss they suffered in the reverse fixture.
How to live stream Moreirense vs Sporting CP online:
Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those who are interested in streaming Moreirense vs Sporting CP live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund your account.
- Navigate to the ‘In-Play’ link at the top of the homepage and select your desired event.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account or placed a bet in the last 24 hours, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (16:00, 04/04/21).
Where to watch Moreirense vs Sporting CP on TV:
- UK: N/A
- US: GOLTV
Scoreline prediction: Moreirense 0-3 Sporting CP
Compare football odds to get the best in the market using the Oddspedia tool below. Selecting a price will take you to the bookmaker’s sign-up page, where you can register, claim whatever welcome offer is available to new customers and place your bet. (18+ only, Be Gamble Aware)
Moreirense vs Sporting CP build-up, previous line-ups & injury news:
Moreirense are currently languishing quite precariously in eighth, neither in threat of being dragged into relegation trouble, or in with serious a chance of pushing for Europe, with 14 points currently separating them from Pacos de Ferreira, who occupy the final Europa Conference League qualification place.
For Sporting, though, every game from now until the end of the season will be a cup final, to use an old footballing cliché. Not only are they close to ending a 19-year wait for Portuguese glory, but having come this far unbeaten, Leoes will be determined to mark the glittering occasion with an ‘Invincible’ tag. There’s still a long wait to go, but Amorim’s side have proven resilient and composed so far.
- Moreirense (vs Pacos de Ferreira): Pasinato; Silva, Rosic, Ferraresi, Conte; Yan, Soares, Pacheco, Walterson; Rafael, Franco.
- Sporting CP (vs Vitoria S.C.): Adan; Neto, Inacio, Feddal; Porro, Mario, Palhinha, Mendes; Braganca, Goncalves, Tomas.
Pedro Nuno, Pedro Amador and Sori Mane all remain absent for the hosts, while Sporting will be buoyed to welcome back club captain and talisman Sebastian Coates from suspension, as well as Joao Pereira.
CLICK HERE to claim BetFair’s new customer offer. 18+ only. Place 5 x £10 or more bets to receive £20 in free bets. Repeat up to 5 times to receive maximum £100 bonus. Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Exchange bets excluded. Payment restrictions apply. T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.
Players to watch:
- Moreirense: The Achilles’ heel for The Green and Whites this season has been a real lack of cutting edge and potency in the final third, with Vasco Seabra’s men currently the lowest scorers in the top eight (23 goals), while they have also been outgunned by the 15th-placed Famalicao, and even share the same scoring output as bottom club Nacional and Farense, who occupy the relegation play-off position. So, if the hosts are to overcome a strong Sporting side, who welcome back Coates, they will need to improve up front, and that is where Yan steps into the limelight. The Palmeiras loanee remains the club’s top scorer (four goals) and chief playmaker (three assists), so the final-third burden will be firmly on his shoulders on Monday night.
- Sporting CP: Luis Neto superbly deputised in Sebastian Coates‘ recent absence, but the Uruguayan will likely be restored to the starting XI and Amorim will be over the moon to welcome back his star defender. The former Liverpool man has encapsulated the spirit, togetherness and ruthlessness of this current Sporting incarnation, and he will be the man to deservedly steal the plaudits if the capital club do go on to end nearly two decades of heartache. His leadership qualities, aerial prowess and hard-hitting defensive stability have underpinned the discipline and robustness of Amorim’s side, and he will be relishing the chance to come up against one of the division’s misfiring frontlines.
Primeira Liga 2020/21 recent form:
- Moreirense: LDWDL
- Sporting CP: WWWDW
More live stream options: