Borussia Monchengladbach and Borussia Dortmund will both be looking to stay in the race of the top four when they face off in the Bundesliga on Friday (7:30pm kick-off UK time).
Dortmund currently hold the advantage for the race, sitting fourth, but they are only one point clear of seventh-placed Gladbach after 17 games.
Where to watch Gladbach vs Dortmund on TV:
- UK: BT Sport 2
- US: ESPN+
How to live stream Gladbach vs Dortmund online:
Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those who are interested in streaming Gladbach vs Dortmund live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund your account.
- Navigate to the ‘In-Play’ link at the top of the homepage and select your desired event.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account or placed a bet in the last 24 hours, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (10:00, 22/01/21).
Scoreline prediction: Gladbach 2-1 Dortmund
Compare football odds to get the best in the market using the Oddspedia tool below. Selecting a price will take you to the bookmaker’s sign-up page, where you can register, claim whatever welcome offer is available to new customers and place your bet. (18+ only, Be Gamble Aware)
Gladbach vs Dortmund build-up, previous line-ups & injury news:
Having gone through a rough patch which looked to have moved them out of the running for the top four, Gladbach have re-found form and are now putting the pressure on Dortmund. Marco Rose’s side are unbeaten in their past four games, with three wins, including a massive victory over Bayern Munich.
Gladbach went 2-0 down in the game against the defending champions but fought back to win 3-2, handing them their second defeat of the campaign. They drew the following game against Stuttgart but bounced back with a win over Werder Bremen on Tuesday, taking advantage of results going their way.
While Gladbach were beating Bremen, Dortmund lost some ground in the title race, with yet another defeat. Bayer Leverkusen were the latest team to beat Dortmund, winning 2-1 on Tuesday, adding to what has been a strange season.
Under both Lucien Favre and Edin Terzic, Dortmund haven’t really been able to get a run of form going, only managing to string a four-game unbeaten streak once. They were at three before defeat to Leverkusen, which had pushed them back into the top four and included a win over RB Leipzig. However, they are now dangerously close to dropping out once again.
- Gladbach (vs Werder Bremen): Sommer; Lainer, Ginter, Elvedi, Wendt; Neuhaus, Kramer; Herrmann, Wolf, Hofmann; Plea.
- Dortmund (vs Bayer Leverkusen): Burki; Meunier, Hummels, Akanji, Guerreiro; Delaney, Bellingham; Sancho, Reus, Brandt; Haaland.
Gladbach may still opt to leave Breel Embolo out for Friday’s visit of Dortmund while Marcus Thuram still has two matches left on his suspension for the red card picked up against Hoffenheim in December. Mamadou Doucoure, Valentino Lazaro and Rocco Reitz remain out.
Dortmund, meanwhile, will be able to call upon Emre Can after suspension but Thorgan Hazard, Marcel Schmelzer, Axel Witsel and Dan-Axel Zagadou are injured.
18+ only. Play Safe. New customers using EPB30. Mobile only. Applies to bets placed from 17:00 on 14th October until 16:30 on 17th October 2021. Max £1 bet at 30/1. Returns paid as 3 x £10 free bets (30 day expiry). Player & currency restrictions & terms apply.
18+ only. New customer offer. Place a single pre-play £10 bet on any Football market October 14th – 20th – Get £50 (£30 on settlement + £20 the following day). Only deposits via cards will qualify (Apple Pay not valid on this offer). T&Cs apply.
18+ only. New customers only. Use code ZBBC01. Place 5 x £10 bets to get a £20 free bet. Repeat 5 times to get £100 in free bets. New customer offer. Place 5 x £10 or more bets to receive £20 in free bets. Repeat up to 5 times to receive maximum £100 bonus. Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Exchange bets excluded. Payment restrictions apply. T&Cs apply.
Players to watch:
- Gladbach: If Embolo is indeed left out, Gladbach may look to Lars Stindl for their goals this weekend. The 32-year-old is Gladbach’s top scorer in the Bundesliga this season win nine goals, but has also provided four assists, being directly involved in more strikes than any other player at the club. Five of Stindl’s nine goals have come in his past six appearances, including a hat-trick against Eintracht Frankfurt. He made a substitute appearance against Werder Bremen but, with only three days between the two matches, Stindl could be in line to start.
- Dortmund: Although he has been quite of late, Erling Haaland remains Dortmund’s danger man. The Norwegian superstar has scored 12 goals in the Bundesliga this season, a return only bettered by Robert Lewandowski, while only the Polish striker and Thomas Muller have been directly involved in more strikes, including assists. However, since returning from injury, Haaland has managed just two goals in four games and drawn a blank three times, including the past two matches. He has not gone three league matches without scoring since joining Dortmund a year ago, so the pressure may be on Haaland to keep that impressive record going.
Bundesliga 2020/21 recent form:
- Gladbach: WDWWL
- Dortmund: LDWWL
More live stream options: