Manchester United take their pre-season tour to Australia on Friday morning as they clash with Melbourne Victory at 11.05am BST.
It was a thoroughly convincing start to to the Erik ten Hag era at Old Trafford earlier this week as the Dutchman marked his first unofficial game in charge of Man Utd with a 4-0 win over Liverpool in Thailand.
Goals from Jadon Sancho, Fred, Anthony Martial and Facundo Pellistri put Jurgen Klopp’s men to the sword and signalled an encouraging start for the new man in one of football’s most intense hotseats.
How to watch Melbourne Victory vs Man Utd:
The game is available to watch in the UK on Manchester United’s streaming service, MUTV.
Melbourne Victory vs Man Utd betting tips
- Jadon Sancho to score anytime @15/8 with Sky Bet
- Bruno Fernandes to score or assist @8/13 with Paddy Power
- Man Utd over 2.5 goals @57/50 with Bet UK
18+ only. Please gamble responsibly. For more information, visit begambleaware.org. All odds and offers in this article are valid at time of publication.
Paddy Power betting offer: Up to £50 cash back - money back as cash if any of your first 5 x £10 football bets lose
- Follow THIS LINK (or click the image below) to open a new account using promo code YSKWEY
- Deposit a minimum of £10 using a card.
- Place a Sportsbook bet on Football at min. odds of 2.0 (1/1). For the purposes of this promotion, your first ever settled bet will be counted as the qualifying bet.
- If your bet loses, your stake up to £10 will be refunded
- You can repeat the last two steps up to five times
- Qualifying requirements must be completed within 90 days of account opening.
Man Utd team news
Ten Hag may be tempted to stick rather than twist from his side’s opening demolition of Liverpool, with the likes of David de Gea, Diogo Dalot, Raphael Varane, Victor Lindelof, Luke Shaw, Fred, Scott McTominay, Bruno Fernandes, Anthony Martial, Marcus Rashford and Jadon Sancho all no doubt itching to retain their starting berths and put on another spectacle.
The likes of new signing Tyrell Malacia, youngsters Zidane Iqbal and Charlie Savage and Tuesday’s goalscorer Pellistri will also be eyeing up further minutes to impress the new boss.
One player who will also be fighting for his place this summer is Donny van de Beek, who famously worked under Ten Hag at Ajax, but has so far endured a disappointing spell at Old Trafford.
The Dutch midfielder came on for a cameo against Liverpool, and Ten Hag has offered his compatriot some encouragement by explaining the sort of role he will be playing for the club in the 2022-23 campaign.
Speaking at his pre-match press conference, Ten Hag said of Van de Beek: “He can do both [sit deep and play high] – I know that from the past.
“But his best position is his capabilities in the box of the opponent, so playing short behind the striker [is his best role].
“He has a really good smell for being in the right position.”
Scoreline prediction: Melbourne Victory 0-3 Man Utd
More live stream options: