Manchester United host Atlético Madrid at Old Trafford as the Red Devils look to qualify for the Champions League quarter-finals (8pm kick-off, UK time).
After securing a crucial draw late in the first-leg out in Madrid, Manchester United come back to Old Trafford to face the reigning La Liga Champions, hoping to secure the win the
Manchester United vs Atletico Madrid betting tips from Squawka Bet
- Cristiano Ronaldo first goalscorer 5/1 with Virgin Bet
- Cristiano Ronaldo to score 2 or more @ 12/1 with Sky Bet
18+ only. Please gamble responsibly. For more information, visit begambleaware.org. All odds and offers in this article are valid at time of publication.
Manchester United team news vs Atletico Madrid: Bruno’s back!
- Ins: Bruno Fernandes, Scott McTominay
- Outs: Mason Greenwood
- Doubts: Luke Shaw
Bruno Fernandes and Scott McTominay should return to action after missing the win over Spurs with illness and a calf injury respectively, but Luke Shaw who is recovering from Covid-19 will have to pass a late fitness test to see if he’s ready to play.
Sky Vegas welcome offer: 50 free spins with no deposit
CLAIM HERE. 18+ only. New customers only. Opt in required. 7 day free spin expiry. All free spins will auto play on first eligible game loaded. £10 staking requirement must be met within 30 days of opt in. Eligibility restrictions apply. Further T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org
Predicted Manchester United vs Atletico Madrid:
- De Gea; Dalot, Varane, Maguire, Telles; McTominay, Fred, Fernandes; Elanga, Sancho, Ronaldo. (4-3-3)
Anthony Elanga’s goal in the first-leg should see him given the nod over Marcus Rashford up-front, while Paul Pogba will make way for the added defensive solidity of Scott McTominay.
This is despite Giorgio Chiellini saying: “Pogba is the LeBron James of football. Really, when I see him growing up it’s fantastic. When I saw him that first week of training [at Juventus] I said, ‘What? He is not real!'” Because as talented as he is, United need to be able to defend.
In attack it’s Cristiano Ronaldo, whose teams knocked Diego Simeone out of Europe for five out of six years between 2014 and 2019, who will lead the line again and look for another hat-trick against Atleti.
Atletico Madrid team news vs Manchester United:
- Ins: Koke
- Outs: Yannick Carrasco, Matheus Cunha, Daniel Wass, Sime Vrsaljko, Thomas Lemar
- Doubts: Mario Hermoso, Geoffrey Kondogbia, José Giménez
Atleti have a raft of injuries and will be hoping at least one of Hermoso, Kondogbia or Giménez shows enough to be able to play. Though none are likely to be ready to feature.
Betfair betting offer: How to get up to £50 back as cash
Interested in the offer above? Qualifying readers* can follow the simple steps below.
- Visit Betfair (here’s the link) to open a new account using promo code ZSKAMK
- Deposit a minimum of €10 using a Card. This is only required once.
- Place a single Sportsbook Football bet at minimum odds of 2.0 (Evs) between the 3rd and 31st March
- Please note, your qualifying bet must settle until 23:59, March 31st
*18+ only. Place 5 x £10 Sportsbook bets on Football of min odds of 2.0 (Evs) and get money back as cash if any lose. Maximum refund per qualifying bet is £10, x5 refunds available. Payment restrictions apply. T&Cs apply. Be Gamble Aware.
Predicted Atletico Madrid vs Manchester United:
- Oblak; Savic, Felipe, Reinildo; Llorente, Koke, Herrera, De Paul, Lodi; Correa, Joao Felix. (3-5-2)
With Atleti’s men unlikely to return from injury in time, Marcos Llorente will have to fill in at wing-back while Reinildo again takes his place in a back three. Antoine Griezmann and Luis Suárez will likely again watch from the sidelines as the line is led by the young, hungry Correa and Joao Felix.