Manchester United will look to maintain their momentum in the Premier League title race when they host struggling Sheffield United on Wednesday at 8:15pm (UK time).
The Red Devils are currently second in the league, a point behind rivals Manchester City following their win over West Brom on Tuesday. Sheffield United, meanwhile, are rooted to the bottom of the table after taking a miserable five points from their opening 19 games.
How to live stream Man Utd vs Sheffield Utd online:
US ONLY: Fubo* will be streaming Man Utd vs Sheffield Utd live for account holders. Those without a Fubo account already can take advantage of their seven-day free trial by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- Click ‘Start Your Free Trial’ and enter your details.
- Log in and pick your desired channel to watch.
*Geo restrictions apply. Fubo is currently available in the United States, Canada and Spain. Packages and pricing differ per country.
Where to watch Man Utd vs Sheffield Utd on TV:
- UK: BT Sport 1
- US: NBCSN
Scoreline prediction: Man Utd 2-0 Sheffield Utd
Compare football odds to get the best in the market using the Oddspedia tool below. Selecting a price will take you to the bookmaker’s sign-up page, where you can register, claim whatever welcome offer is available to new customers and place your bet. (18+ only, Be Gamble Aware)
Man Utd vs Sheffield Utd build-up, previous line-ups & injury news:
Man Utd’s only defeat across their last 13 games came in their EFL Cup semi-final clash with Man City and since then, they’ve won four and drawn one of their five games (including a 3-2 FA Cup triumph against Liverpool on Sunday) keeping three clean sheets along the way as they’ve risen to the top of the pile.
Leicester City are in hot pursuit of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s men, and Man City currently hold the lead (with a game in hand after tonight), but the Norwegian will feel confident of taking all three points at home to Sheffield united, a side Man Utd beat 3-2 in their last meeting in mid-December to return to the top.
After such a promising return to the Premier League in 2019/20, things couldn’t have gone much worse for the Blades this season, with the Yorkshire club now 12 points adrift of safety and six behind West Brom in 19th.
Chris Wilder’s men were unable to build on their only Premier League win of the season (1-0 vs Newcastle), losing 3-1 to Spurs in their next match. However, the Blades were given some respite in the form of a 2-1 win over Plymouth Argyle in the FA Cup. Can that rare victory inspire Sheffield United to pull off an unlikely result at Old Trafford?
- Man Utd (vs Liverpool): Henderson; Wan-Bissaka, Lindelof, Maguire, Shaw; McTominay, Pogba; Greenwood, Van de Beek, Rashford; Cavani.
- Sheffield Utd (vs Plymouth): Ramsdale; Basham, Egan*, Ampadu; Bogle, Lundstram, Norwood, Fleck, Stevens; Brewster, Sharp.
Marcus Rashford hobbled off toward the end of United’s 3-2 FA Cup win over Liverpool on Sunday but Solskjaer has confirmed he is available. Eric Bailly is also fit after missing the weekend’s game. Marcos Rojo, Phil Jones and Brandon Williams all remain sidelined for the Red Devils.
Lys Mousset could return for Wilder, but the Blades boss will remain without Sander Berge, Jack O’Connell, Jack Robinson, Oli McBurnie and Ben Osborn for this challenging trip to Old Trafford. John Egan is suspended.
18+ only. New customers using promo code M50 only. 1x per customer. Min £/€10 bet. Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Free bets of 2 x £/€20 issued after first qualifying bet settles. Max £/€10 Bonus. 35x wagering requirement. Max redeemable bonus: £25. Casino bonus expires after 72 hours. UK & Eire only. Additional T&Cs, including free-bet, game, location, payment method and stake contributions apply. See full terms below.
Place a pre-match £10 bet on any Football market between 2nd December and 24th December, at min. odds 1/2 (1.5) — get a total of £50 in free bets, £30 on bet settlement and an additional £20 the following day. Your qualifying bet must settle by Friday 23:59, 24th December. Only deposits via Cards will qualify (Apple Pay deposit excluded). T&Cs apply. Please Gamble Responsibly.
18+ only. Place 5 x €10 Sportsbook bets on Football and get money back as cash if any lose. Maximum refund per qualifying bet is €10, x5 refunds available. Payment restrictions apply. T&Cs apply.
To sign up, you need to be over 18, Gamble Aware and meet FanTeam’s terms and conditions. Otherwise, just follow these simple steps: Click the link to head to FanTeam and sign up. Join the ‘Second Chance Season Game’ tournament with your free entry ticket. Create a team and click ‘Enter Tournament’
Players to watch:
- Man Utd: While John Stones has set about restoring his reputation in the blue half of Manchester, Luke Shaw has been doing something similar for Man Utd, putting in a number of stellar performances recently. The England international was particularly impressive against Liverpool on Sunday, making two clearances, an interception and a match-high five tackles in a monstrous defensive performance. The former Southampton man was also a marauding presence in the attacking third, completing two dribbles and laying on more chances (3) than any other United player on the night. It would appear the addition of Alex Telles has given Shaw just the right amount of competition he needs to up his performances. Are we witnessing the revival of the 25-year-old’s England career?
- Sheffield Utd: While Sheffield Utd have continued to capitulate, David McGoldrick has been doing his level best to keep the Blades afloat. The Republic of Ireland international managed just two goals and two assists in the Premier League last season, but has already netted five times in the top-flight this season (making him the only Sheffield Utd player to score more than twice) while adding an assist. That assist and three of his goals have come across his last seven appearances, starting with a brace against Man Utd in December, with the Blades coming so close to stealing a point from the Premier League leaders. Wilder would love a repeat of that performance on Wednesday as he desperately searches for anything to pin Sheffield Utd’s hopes on.
Premier League 2020/21 recent form:
- Man Utd: WDWWW
- Sheffield Utd: LWLLL
More live stream options: