Lyon will look to keep their Champions League hopes alive when they host Nice in Ligue 1 on Sunday at 8pm (UK time).
There’s drama at both ends of the table for the final day of the 2020/21 season in Ligue 1, with 13th to 18th in danger of relegation, Lille and PSG vying for the title and fourth-placed Lyon looking to better Monaco’s result and sneak into the final Champions League qualification place.
How to live stream Lyon vs Nice online:
Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those who are interested in streaming Lyon vs Nice live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund your account.
- Navigate to the ‘In-Play’ link at the top of the homepage and select your desired event.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account or placed a bet in the last 24 hours, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (11:00, 23/05/21).
Scoreline prediction: Lyon 2-1 Nice
Compare football odds to get the best in the market using the Oddspedia tool below. Selecting a price will take you to the bookmaker’s sign-up page, where you can register, claim whatever welcome offer is available to new customers and place your bet. (18+ only, Be Gamble Aware)
Lyon vs Nice build-up, previous line-ups & injury news:
Olympique Lyonnais have started May like a house on fire and will look to conclude the month with a perfect record, so far beating Monaco, Lorient and Nimes, which has subsequently closed the gap on the former to just the single point. Rudi Garcia’s men must better third-placed Monaco’s result — with Les Monegasques facing European-hopefuls Lens — if they are to leapfrog them into the final Champions League place.
For Nice the season is pretty much over, with Jim Ratcliffe’s side all but guaranteed to finish in the top half of the table, but not high enough such that they can mount a late charge for a European place, with the gap between sixth — a slot in next season’s inaugural Europa Conference League — and themselves currently an insurmountable seven points. Still, Les Aiglons were battered 4-1 in the reverse fixture and will no doubt be seeking revenge here.
- Lyon (vs Nimes): Lopes; Dubois, Marcelo, Denayer, Cornet; Guimaraes, Caqueret, Paqueta, Aouar, Ekambi; Depay.
- Nice (vs Strasbourg): Benitez; Attal, Todibo, Saliba, Kamara; Schneiderlin, Lopes, Maurice*, Boudaoui, Gouiri; Dolberg.
The only main injury concern for the hosts is that to Zimbabwean winger Tino Kadewere, who has gone under the knife to resolve a thigh issue. Nice meanwhile are without Jeff Reine-Adelaide, Myziane Maolida, Dante and Alexis Claude Maurice, the latter of whom came off in the first half against Strasbourg and has recently undergone successful surgery on a fractured fibula.
CLICK HERE to claim BetFair’s new customer offer. 18+ only. Place 5 x £10 or more bets to receive £20 in free bets. Repeat up to 5 times to receive maximum £100 bonus. Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Exchange bets excluded. Payment restrictions apply. T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.
Players to watch:
- Lyon: Memphis Depay, whose contract runs out this summer, could very well be set to play his last game for Lyon. The talismanic Dutchman has progressed by leaps and bounds since his tempestuous stint at Manchester United, where he endured a polarising 20 months at Old Trafford and failed to truly endear himself to supporters. Since his arrival at the Groupama Stadium in January 2017, he has been directly involved in an eye-watering 105 goals in the top-flight (63 goals and 42 assists). In fact, only Kylian Mbappe (132) has had a hand in more during that time frame, while he is also the only player to have recorded at least 10 goals and 10 assists in three different Ligue 1 campaigns over the last 15 seasons.
- Nice: If Les Aiglons are to temper any suggestions that they are already in ‘beach mode’ for this contest, then Sevilla loanee Rony Lopes will need to continue his hot streak against Lyon. The former Manchester City midfielder has netted four goals against Lyon in Ligue 1 across his career, which is more than he has bagged against any other opponent. What’s more, he has been directly involved in five goals across his last five games against the club in the top-flight (three goals and two assists).
Ligue 1 2020/21 recent form:
- Lyon: WWWLW
- Nice: LWLWL
More live stream options: