Liverpool will look to make it two wins from two in the Champions League when they host Danish champions FC Midtjylland on Tuesday at 8pm.
The Reds made an impressive start to their group stage campaign with a 1-0 win away at Ajax last week. Nicolas Tagliafico’s own goal was enough to separate the two sides in what was a closely fought contest and also Liverpool’s first game without injured defender, Virgil van Dijk.
Midtjylland, meanwhile, were thrashed 4-0 by Italian darlings Atalanta in their opening match, although they did recover to win 3-2 away at Superliga title rivals Brondby on Saturday.
Jurgen Klopp’s men will be heavy favourites at Anfield but if the start of this season has shown us anything, it’s that nothing can be taken for granted right now.
Where to watch Liverpool vs FC Midtjylland on TV:
- UK: BT Sport 3
- US: CBS All Access
Where to live stream Liverpool vs FC Midtjylland:
US ONLY: Fubo* will be streaming Liverpool vs FC Midtjylland live for account holders. Those without a Fubo account already can take advantage of their seven-day free trial by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- Click ‘Start Your Free Trial’ and enter your details.
- Log in and pick your desired channel to watch.
*Geo restrictions apply. Fubo is currently available in the United States, Canada and Spain. Packages and pricing differ per country.
Liverpool & FC Midtjylland‘s previous line-ups:
- Liverpool (vs Sheffield United): Alisson; Alexander-Arnold, Fabinho, Gomez, Robertson; Henderson, Wijnaldum; Jota, Firmino, Mane; Salah.
- FC Midtjylland (vs Brondby): Hansen; Cools, Sviatchenko, Scholz, Paulinho; Onyeka, Evander; Dreyer, Kraev, Anderson; Kaba.
Van Dijk and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain remain sidelined for the foreseeable future but the Reds were boosted by the return of Alisson between the sticks at the weekend. Joel Matip and Thiago could also be in contention to make the matchday squad but Kostas Tsimikas is expected to remain out of action.
Brian Priske will be without Oliver Olsen and Kristian Riis for the trip to Anfield but will have an otherwise full-strength squad to choose from.
CLICK HERE to claim 888 Sport’s new customer offer • 18+ only • £10 deposit using promo code CL40 • Minimum stake £10 at odds of 1/2 (1.5) • Free bets credited upon qualifying bet settlement and expire after 7 days • Free bet stakes not included in returns • Deposit balance is available for withdrawal at any time. withdrawal restrictions & full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.
Players to watch:
- Liverpool: Thought by many to be a squad depth signing, Diogo Jota‘s performances are making it really difficult for Klopp to drop him right now. The Portugal international netted his second in Liverpool colours during the Reds’ 2-1 win over Sheffield United at the weekend having already bagged two goals and an assist in his nation’s 3-0 win over Sweden earlier in October, too. Jota is averaging 4.2 shots and 1.8 successful dribbles per 90 minutes in the Premier League so far this season and will be one of Klopp’s biggest threats against their Danish visitors.
- FC Midtjylland: Defending Danish champions, Midtjylland have a big target on their heads wherever they go domestically right now, but currently sit joint-top of the Superliga after six games. The task of defending their title has been made that much easier so far by the form of Pione Sisto, who has bagged three goals in six league appearances since returning from Celta Vigo in the summer — no Midtjylland player has scored more. The 25-year-old Denmark international is quick and direct, and able to operate on either flank — Klopp will know that keeping Sisto quiet will go a long way to keeping Midtjylland at bay on Tuesday.