Liverpool will still be without Luis Diaz and Thiago Alcantara when they visit Chelsea in the Premier League on Tuesday.
Liverpool: Team News
Jurgen Klopp is desperately seeking a response after the Reds’ resounding 4-1 defeat to title-chasing Manchester City on Saturday.
The visitors opened the scoring through Mohamed Salah but had no answer as Pep Guardiola’s side turned on the style after the break.
Naby Keita, Stefan Bajcetic and Calvin Ramsay are long-term absentees for the Reds, who face a Chelsea side beginning life after Graham Potter.
Meanwhile, Klopp revealed the trip to Stamford Bridge is also too soon for Diaz and Thiago.
“No, [Diaz is] not available [to face Chelsea]. He is in training, but he is not ready for this game,” the German said during his pre-match press conference.
“As much as we want him to be back, we still have to give him time. Obviously, it was long ago that he had the initial injury but when he came back to training in Dubai, it looked outstanding until he got injured again.
“So, we have to make sure we are patient in that moment. This week, I wouldn’t say Arsenal is completely out of the picture, but it’s rather unlikely. But after that then Luis will be back.
“We had Thiago [on Sunday] in training, in normal team training, which is good as well. But he’s not available for tomorrow of course, so we will see how he reacts. That’s it.”
Liverpool: Predicted Lineup
Liverpool Predicted XI: Alisson; Trent Alexander-Arnold, Joel Matip, Virgil van Dijk, Andrew Robertson; Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Fabinho, Jordan Henderson; Mohamed Salah, Cody Gakpo, Darwin Nunez.
Bet365 welcome offer: Bet £10 & Get £30 in Free Bets
Not signed up to bet365 yet? Here's how to claim one of the best bookmaker welcome offers around...
- Open an account (here's a link)
- Make a qualifying deposit of between £5* and £10*
- Claim the offer to receive three times your deposit in 'Free Bets'.
- To release your 'Free Bets', place qualifying bets to the value of your qualifying deposit and allow those bets to settle.
- Your 'Free Bets' will become available shortly after your qualifying bets have settled
- To use your 'Free Bets', select 'Use bet credits' in the bet slip.
New Customers only. Bet £10* & Get £30* in Free Bets. Sign up, deposit between £5* and £10* to your account and bet365 will give you three times that value in Free Bets when you place qualifying bets to the same value and they are settled. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits. Min odds/bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. T&Cs, time limits & exclusions apply. 18+ only. begambleaware.org
Liverpool: Injury List
- Thiago Alcantara (groin) Ruled Out – Potential Return Early April
- Luis Diaz (knee) Ruled Out – Potential Return Mid-April
- Naby Keita (muscle) Ruled Out – Potential Return Early May
- Stefan Bajcetic (groin) Ruled Out – Potential Return Early June
- Calvin Ramsay (knee) Ruled Out – Potential Return Early June