Liverpool are expected to welcome back Virgil van Dijk for the visit of Premier League leaders Arsenal on Sunday.
Liverpool: Team News
Van Dijk missed the goalless draw with Chelsea in midweek, but speaking after the stalemate at Stamford Bridge, Jurgen Klopp raised hopes that he would be able to call on the Dutchman this weekend.
Van Dijk, who suffered an illness in the build-up to that game, was one of six changes made by Klopp as Mohamed Salah, Cody Gakpo, Trent Alexander-Arnold and Andrew Robertson were all named among the substitutes.
But Klopp is expected to revert back to his regular starters as the Reds aim to halt Arsenal’s bid for a first Premier League title since 2004.
Harvey Elliott also missed out at Chelsea, but he will likely return to the first XI on Sunday. It is thought Elliott’s absence in midweek was not down to injury or illness and instead an attempt to manage the 20-year-old’s workload.
Elliott had featured in all 27 Premier League matches before the trip to Chelsea, starting 17, and has become a key member of Klopp’s side this term.
Meanwhile, Sunday’s meeting with Arsenal is expected to come too soon for Thiago Alcantara and Luis Diaz as both continue move towards a return to first-team football.
Liverpool: Predicted Lineup
Liverpool Predicted XI: Alisson; Trent Alexander-Arnold, Joel Matip, Virgil van Dijk, Andrew Robertson; Harvey Elliott, Fabinho, Jordan Henderson; Mohamed Salah, Cody Gakpo, Darwin Nunez.
Bet365 welcome offer: Bet £10 & Get £30 in Free Bets
Not signed up to bet365 yet? Here's how to claim one of the best bookmaker welcome offers around...
- Open an account (here's a link)
- Make a qualifying deposit of between £5* and £10*
- Claim the offer to receive three times your deposit in 'Free Bets'.
- To release your 'Free Bets', place qualifying bets to the value of your qualifying deposit and allow those bets to settle.
- Your 'Free Bets' will become available shortly after your qualifying bets have settled
- To use your 'Free Bets', select 'Use bet credits' in the bet slip.
New Customers only. Bet £10* & Get £30* in Free Bets. Sign up, deposit between £5* and £10* to your account and bet365 will give you three times that value in Free Bets when you place qualifying bets to the same value and they are settled. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits. Min odds/bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. T&Cs, time limits & exclusions apply. 18+ only. begambleaware.org
Liverpool: Injury List
- Thiago Alcantara (groin) Ruled Out – Potential Return April
- Luis Diaz (knee) Ruled Out – Potential Return Mid-April
- Naby Keita (muscle) Ruled Out – Potential Return Early May
- Stefan Bajcetic (groin) Ruled Out – Potential Return Early June
- Calvin Ramsay (knee) Ruled Out – Potential Return Early June