Lincoln City and Sunderland meet in the League One play-off semi-finals, starting with a first leg tie at Sincil Bank on Wednesday at 6pm (UK time).
Oxford United and Blackpool met in the other semi-final first leg on Tuesday night, with Neil Critchley’s Seasiders running out 3-0 victors at the Kassam Stadium, so attention now turns to Lincolnshire.
How to live stream Lincoln City vs Sunderland online:
Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those who are interested in streaming Lincoln City vs Sunderland live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund your account.
- Navigate to the ‘In-Play’ link at the top of the homepage and select your desired event.
*Geo restrictions apply (not available for viewing in the UK or Ireland), 18+ only, must have a funded account or placed a bet in the last 24 hours, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (14:00, 19/05/21).
- US: ESPN+
- Canada: DAZN
Where to watch Lincoln City vs Sunderland on TV:
- UK: Sky Sports Main Event & Sky Sports Football
Scoreline prediction: Lincoln City 1-1 Sunderland
Compare football odds to get the best in the market using the Oddspedia tool below. Selecting a price will take you to the bookmaker’s sign-up page, where you can register, claim whatever welcome offer is available to new customers and place your bet. (18+ only, Be Gamble Aware)
Lincoln City vs Sunderland build-up, previous line-ups & injury news:
It’s been an exceptional campaign for Lincoln City who, only four years ago were plying their trade in non-league football, but are now on the cusp reaching the second tier. Having finished level on points with fourth-placed Sunderland, the Imps certainly have every chance of reaching Wembley.
For Sunderland this is their third successive season in League One following their rapid nosedive down the footballing pyramid, but having lifted the EFL Trophy, mid-season appointment Lee Johnson will be eyeing up another Wembley appearance, and potentially getting the Black Cats back up the ladder.
- Lincoln City (vs AFC Wimbledon): Palmer*; Poole, Eyoma, Walsh, Edun; McGrandles, Bridcutt, Grant; Johnson, Rogers, Hopper.
- Sunderland (vs Northampton Town): Burge; McLaughlin, Wright, O’Nien, Hume; Power, Scowen, Diamond, Jones; Gooch, Wyke.
Stoke City goalkeeper Joe Bursik has joined Lincoln on an emergency loan after Alex Palmer sustained a head injury, and he will likely deputise between the sticks. For Sunderland, the likes of Grant Leadbitter and Aiden McGeady will likely be restored to Johnson’s XI after being kept partially on ice last time out.
CLICK HERE to claim BetFair’s new customer offer. 18+ only. Place 5 x £10 or more bets to receive £20 in free bets. Repeat up to 5 times to receive maximum £100 bonus. Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Exchange bets excluded. Payment restrictions apply. T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.
Players to watch:
- Lincoln City: Once signed by Sunderland in the Premier League, Liam Bridcutt is now plying his trade for the Imps and currently skippers Michael Appleton’s side. A product of Chelsea’s academy, the two-time Scotland international should have a vital role to play across both legs, bringing a grit and steel to the midfield that will work well to screen Lincoln’s backline and cope with the aggression of Sunderland’s general-in-chief Grant Leadbitter. At 32, Bridcutt now has the experience and know-how to keep Lincoln competitive in the centre of the pitch and control the game when the pace starts to pick up.
- Sunderland: Having turned 35 last month, Aiden McGeady is very much in the autumn years of his career, but his ability and output this season have certainly been belying his ageing legs. With 14 assists, the incisive winger has been League One’s chief playmaker this term, while eight of those have been tucked away by the division’s second-highest scorer Charlie Wyke (25 goals). The McGeady-Wyke link-up is League One’s most prolific assist-to-goal-scorer partnership, and it will be that telepathic understanding between the two players that Johnson will be looking for to breach Lincoln’s backline and capitalise on their current injury plight between the sticks.
More live stream options: