Celtic will look to end their three-match winless run when they travel to Lille in the Europa League on Thursday at 5:55 PM (UK time).
Neil Lennon’s men are six points adrift of the Scottish Premiership summit after a 2-0 defeat at home to Old Firm rivals Rangers and a 3-3 draw away to Aberdeen, which came either side of a 3-1 loss to AC Milan in their Europa League group-stage opener.
Things don’t get much easier for the Bhoys on Thursday, either, with Lille unbeaten so far this season, including a 4-1 thrashing of Sparta Prague in the Europa League last week. Christophe Galtier’s side are second only to PSG in Ligue 1 having conceded just three goals across eight matches so far.
Can Celtic get their fumbling season back on track or will Lille’s rock-solid defence prove too tough to crack for the Scottish champions?
Where to watch Lille vs Celtic on TV:
- UK: BT Sport 3
- US: TUDN
Where to live stream Lille vs Celtic:
US ONLY: Fubo* will be streaming Lille vs Celtic live for account holders. Those without a Fubo account already can take advantage of their seven-day free trial by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- Click ‘Start Your Free Trial’ and enter your details.
- Log in and pick your desired channel to watch.
*Geo restrictions apply. Fubo is currently available in the United States, Canada and Spain. Packages and pricing differ per country.
Compare football odds to get the best in the market using the Oddspedia tool below. Selecting a price will take you to the bookmaker’s sign-up page, where you can register, claim whatever welcome offer is available to new customers and place your bet. (18+ only, Be Gamble Aware)
Lille & Celtic’s previous line-ups:
- Lille (vs Nice): Maignan; Celik, Fonte, Botman, Bradaric; Araujo, Andre, Sanches, Bamba; Ikone, Yilmaz.
- Celtic (vs Aberdeen): Bain; Frimpong, Duffy, Ajer, Laxalt; McGregor, Ntcham; Christie, Rogic, Elyounoussi; Ajeti.
Lille have a clean bill of health for the visit of Celtic and will likely field a similar XI to that which beat Sparta Prague 4-1 last week.
Lennon has no such luck, however, with James Forrest, Michael Johnston and Christopher Jullien all injured, while Nir Bitton and Hatem Elhamed remain doubtful. Vasilios Barkas is struggling with a back problem so Scott Bain may deputise between the sticks.
Odsonne Edouard missed the trip to Aberdeen at the weekend and remains doubtful too.
Players to watch:
- Lille: Although restricted to substitute appearances in Ligue 1, Yusuf Yazici has been the star of the show in continental competition for Lille so far this season. The Turkish midfielder backed up his goal from the bench against Lens with a Europa League hat-trick as Lille beat Sparta Prague 4-1 last week. Yazici will have his sights set on further goals against Celtic on Thursday as he seeks to nail down a place in Galtier’s starting XI.
- Celtic: It’s been a struggle so far in 2020/21 for Celtic, who look in serious danger of losing their domestic supremacy to Rangers and face a tough task in a seriously challenging Europa League group. One bright spark for the Glaswegian giants, though, has been the form of Swiss forward, Albian Ajeti. Since arriving from West Ham in the summer, Ajeti has taken to life in Scotland like a duck to water, notching five goals and one assist in just 342 minutes of league action. With Edouard struggling for fitness, Ajeti may have to shoulder the sizeable responsibility of breaking down a rigid Lille defence on Thursday.