Atletico Madrid will look to stretch their unbeaten run to 11 when they travel to middling La Liga club Levante on Tuesday at 6:30pm.
After a tentative start to the campaign, La Liga’s draw specialists re-found their rhythm in recent outings and have shot up to third in the table.
Diego Simeone’s side remain just four points ahead of fifth, but the Argentinian will be hopeful his side can maintain their current purple patch and solidify a place in the Champions League qualification places with eight games remaining.
Meanwhile Levante currently sit in the bottom half of the table, but are in no real threat of relegation, with the Valencia-based club 12 points clear of the drop zone.
A win over Atleti could ignite a late charge for European football, but it may be too little too late for Paco Lopez’s men, with the Frogs currently nine points off sixth-placed Real Sociedad.
Where to watch Levante vs Atletico Madrid on TV:
- UK: LaLigaTV
- US: beIN SPORTS
Where to live stream the game:
UK: Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those without a Bet365 account already who are interested in streaming Levante vs Atletico Madrid live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund the new account.
- Pick the desired event from among the ‘live now’ or ‘schedule’ sections in Bet365’s ‘live streaming’ category.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (22/06/20, 12:00)
Levante & Atletico Madrid’s previous line-ups:
- Levante (vs Espanyol): Fernandez; Miramon, Postigo, Vezo, Clerc; Campana, Vukcevic, Melero, Bardhi; Mayoral, Roger.
- Atletico Madrid (vs Valladolid): Oblak; Trippier, Gimenez, Hermoso, Sanchez; Llorente, Herrera, Partey, Lemar; Felix, Morata.
Ruben Rochina returns to Levante after serving out a one-match suspension, but Ivan Lopez remains on the sidelines. Atleti meanwhile will continue to be without defensive duo Felipe and Sime Vrsaljko.
Players to watch:
- Levante: Roger Marti. The 29-year-old marksman has been the difference maker for the hosts this season, netting 11 league goals so far, nearly double Levante’s next highest scorer. Simeone will certainly be weary of the threat Roger poses, as he has scored in the previous two matches between these sides, including in a 2-2 draw in this fixture last season. If Atleti want to avoid a repeat of that outcome, their defence will have to be switched on.
- Atletico Madrid: Joao Felix. The 20-year-old record signing hasn’t quite exploded to life at the Wanda Metropolitano this season, but he has certainly shown glimmers of the quality he can offer once he truly acclimatises to Spanish football and the demands of Simeone’s methodical tactics. With four goals in his last six games, the Portuguese ace is starting to find some semblance of form and will be hoping to continue that red-hot streak in midweek against Levante.
Scoreline prediction: Levante 1-2 Atletico Madrid
La Liga 2019/20 recent form:
- Levante: WDDDL
- Atletico Madrid: WWDDD