Two of Serie A’s most inconsistent sides go head-to-head when Lazio host Fiorentina on Wednesday at 2:00pm (UK time).
After sustaining a credible title challenge last season, Lazio have been unable to build on their 2019/20 performance and currently sit ninth in the table. Fiorentina, meanwhile, are 14th, four points clear of the relegation zone but seven adrift of their hosts.
Where to watch Lazio vs Fiorentina on TV:
- UK: N/A
- US: ESPN+
How to live stream Lazio vs Fiorentina online:
Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those who are interested in streaming Lazio vs Fiorentina live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund your account.
- Navigate to the ‘In-Play’ link at the top of the homepage and select your desired event.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account or placed a bet in the last 24 hours, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (15:00, 04/01/2021).
Scoreline prediction: Lazio 1-1 Fiorentina
Compare football odds to get the best in the market using the Oddspedia tool below. Selecting a price will take you to the bookmaker’s sign-up page, where you can register, claim whatever welcome offer is available to new customers and place your bet. (18+ only, Be Gamble Aware)
Lazio vs Fiorentina build-up, previous line-ups & injury news:
It’s been a frustrating campaign so far for Lazio, who have won back-to-back Serie A games just once this season. In fact, I Biancocelesti have won just one of their last five matches, including a disappointing draw against Genoa last time out, a run which has left them down in ninth, already six points adrift of Napoli in the fourth and final Champions League qualification spot having played a game more.
Things have been no better for Cesare Prandelli, however, who takes his Fiorentina side south on a run of just one win in their last 10 Serie A games. Incredibly, that sole victory was a 3-0 triumph over defending champions Juventus just before Christmas (the Old Lady’s only league defeat of the season) but La Viola could only follow that up with a languid 0-0 draw with Bologna following the winter pause.
- Lazio (vs Genoa): Reina; Patric, Acerbi, Radu; Lazzari, Milinkovic-Savic, Lucas*, Alberto, Marusic; Caicedo, Immobile.
- Fiorentina (vs Bologna): Dragowski; Milenkovic, Pezzella, Igor; Caceres, Amrabat, Valero, Castrovilli, Venuti; Vlahovic, Ribery.
Lucas Leiva, Marco Parolo, Mohamed Fares. Senad Lulic and Joaquin Correa are all out of action for Lazio this week, but Fiorentina have a virtually fully fit squad to choose from. Patrick Cutrone is out but Prandelli will be boosted by the return of Cristiano Biraghi from suspension.
Players to watch:
- Lazio: Goals have been relatively easy to come by for Lazio despite their inconsistent form and while 10-goal striker Ciro Immobile will take much of the credit for that, recognition must also go to creative midfielder, Sergio Milinkovic-Savic. The Serbia international has provided a team-high four assists so far this season, matching his total from the whole of 2019/20, while he’s also chipped in with three goals of his own. If Lazio fans were searching for a good omen, Milinkovic-Savic has lost just one of his 10 career meetings with Fiorentina and he’s sure to be a key figure in Simone Inzaghi’s plans on Wednesday.
- Fiorentina: Being the third-lowest scorers in Serie A so far, it’s not hard to see what is holding Fiorentina back this season. Their record of 16 goals in 15 games becomes even more worrying when you consider that three of those goals came in the win over Juventus. With that in mind, it’s vital that Dusan Vlahovic continues his recent form. The 20-year-old forward opened the scoring against the Old Lady in December to round off a three-game scoring streak which helped his side pick up five points while elevating him as the club’s top scorer with four in total. Vlahovic has been steadily finding his feet in Italy over the past 18 months and after firing a blank against Bologna last time out, will be keen to get back among the goals in only his second-ever meeting with Lazio.
Serie A 2020/21 recent form:
- Lazio: DLWDL
- Fiorentina: DWDDL
More live stream options: