LA Galaxy and San Jose Earthquakes go head-to-head in the 85th MLS edition of the Cali Clásico on Sunday at midnight (UK time).
The Galaxy have enjoyed a positive start to the 2021 season, winning four of their six games so far to sit third in the Western Conference. The Quakes, meanwhile, are seventh in the West with nine points from seven games.
How to live stream LA Galaxy vs San Jose Earthquakes online:
Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those who are interested in streaming LA Galaxy vs San Jose Earthquakes live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund your account.
- Navigate to the ‘In-Play’ link at the top of the homepage and select your desired event.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account or placed a bet in the last 24 hours, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (17:45, 28/05/2021).
Where to watch LA Galaxy vs San Jose Earthquakes on TV:
- UK: Freesports
- US: TUDN, UniMas, Univision
Scoreline prediction: LA Galaxy 4-1 San Jose Earthquakes
Compare football odds to get the best in the market using the Oddspedia tool below. Selecting a price will take you to the bookmaker’s sign-up page, where you can register, claim whatever welcome offer is available to new customers and place your bet. (18+ only, Be Gamble Aware)
LA Galaxy vs San Jose Earthquakes build-up, previous line-ups & injury news:
After a miserable 2020, the Galaxy have started the new campaign in fine fashion and look revitalised under new head coach, Greg Vanney. The former United States international is getting the best out of star striker Javier Hernandez and although there are still some defensive issues that need sorting, the Galaxy sit third in the West after six games and seem locked in for a return to the playoffs. That said, they did lose 3-0 to the Portland Timbers last time out.
San Jose, meanwhile, have begun the season in typically inconsistent fashion. At their best, Matias Almeyda’s men can be one of the most entertaining sides to watch in MLS. But at their worst, the Quakes are a defensive car crash with their unique man-marking system often breaking down in cataclysmic fashion. The Quakes are looking to end a run of three straight defeats, what better team to do that against than their California rivals?
- LA Galaxy (vs Portland Timbers): Bond; Araujo, Steres, Williams*, Villafana; Dos Santos, Lletget*; Grandsir*, Alvarez, Cabral; Hernandez.
- San Jose Earthquakes (vs Sporting KC): Marcinkowski; Thompson, Jungwirth, Alanis, Marie; Yueill, Remedi; Espinoza, Lopez, Cowell; Rios.
Centre-back Derrick Williams is suspended after being sent off for a horrendous tackle on Andy Polo last time out, with the Timbers man sidelined for the season. Samuel Grandsir is doubtful with an ankle injury while Sebastian Lletget is on international duty with the United States.
Jackson Yueill has made the trip to Switzerland alongside Lletget, though he is the Quakes’ only absentee this weekend.
CLICK HERE to claim BetFair’s new customer offer. 18+ only. Place 5 x £10 or more bets to receive £20 in free bets. Repeat up to 5 times to receive maximum £100 bonus. Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Exchange bets excluded. Payment restrictions apply. T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.
Players to watch:
- LA Galaxy: After netting just two goals across the whole of last season, Chicharito has started the 2021 campaign like a house on fire, scoring seven times in six appearances so far. The 32-year-old spoke at length about improving his mental health during the off-season and it appears to have worked a treat, with the Mexico international recharged and playing with a smile on his face. If Chicharito continues in this vein throughout the rest of the campaign, the Galaxy should comfortably seal their spot in the playoffs.
- SJ Quakes: At the other end of the playing spectrum, Cade Cowell is showing us all why the likes of Barcelona have already been linked with his signature, despite being just 17 years old. The teenage forward has physical stature way beyond his years but, more importantly, he also has immense technical ability and composure for such a young player. Already this season, Cowell has two goals and three assists to his name and he can thrust himself further into the limelight with a Cali Clasico goal against the Galaxy here. Who knows, with a busy summer of internationals coming up, Cowell might even be playing for a spot in Gregg Berhalter’s plans.
MLS 2021 recent form:
- LA Galaxy: LWWLW
- SJ Quakes: LLLWW
More live stream options: