Bayern Munich will be hoping to continue their winning run on Saturday when they travel to FC Koln (2:30pm kick-off).
Since losing 4-1 to Hoffenheim, ending an 23-game winning streak, Hansi Flick’s have started a new run which currently stands at seven across all competitions. Last time out in the Bundesliga, Bayern cruised to victory over Eintracht Frankfurt, winning 5-0 to keep pressure on early leaders RB Leipzig.
Just one point separates the two sides, but Leipzig have a tough trip to Borussia Monchengladbach while Bayern face winless Koln. The hosts have just two points from their opening five games and currently sit in 16th and are carrying on their bad form from 2019/20.
The Billy Goats have now gone 15 Bundesliga games without a win, with only Schalke (21) currently suffering a longer run in the competition. They will not be able to take confidence from their recent record against Saturday’s opponents either, with Bayern winning 11 of the past 12 games, scoring 34 goals to Koln’s five.
Where to watch Koln vs Bayern Munich on TV:
- UK: BT Sport 2
- US: ESPN+
Where to live stream Koln vs Bayern Munich:
UK: Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those without a Bet365 account already who are interested in streaming Koln vs Bayern Munich live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund the new account.
- Pick the desired event from among the ‘live now’ or ‘schedule’ sections in Bet365’s ‘live streaming’ category.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (16:15, 30/10/20).
Koln & Bayern Munich’s previous line-ups:
- Koln (vs Stuttgart): T Horn; Ehizibue, Bornauw, Czichos, J Horn; Rexhbecaj, Shkiri, Duda; Wolf, Andersson, Jakobs.
- Bayern Munich (vs Lokomotiv Moscow): Neuer; Pavard, Sule, Alaba, Hernandez; Goretzka, Kimmich; Muller, Tolisso, Coman; Lewandowski.
Koln remain without midfielder Florian Kainz, while Jonas Hector and Anthony Modeste are doubts.
Corentin Tolisso must drop out from the Bayern team that beat Lokomotiv Moscow in midweek, still serving a suspension in the Bundesliga, with Alphonso Davies also still out injured.
Players to watch:
- Koln: Timo Horn has a tough afternoon on his hands weekend, trying to stop this all-scoring Bayern Munich side. The 27-year-old has conceded nine goals in his five games so far, having faced 27 shots on target, one of the most-tested goalkeepers in the Bundesliga this season. Only Robin Zentner, Kevin Trapp and Alexander Schwolow have faced more shots on target than Horn, but the Koln shot-stopper has a respectable save percentage of 66.67% which he will need to mimic if he is to keep Bayern out this weekend.
- Bayern Munich: Robert Lewandowski will be one of the Bayern attackers looking to ruin Horn’s weekend and in the form he is in, the Polish striker is more likely to score than he is to draw a blank. In just five Bundesliga games this season, Lewandowski has scored 10 goals, a record at this stage in the competition. Last time out in the Bundesliga, Lewandowski scored three against Eintracht Frankfurt and after another blank in the Champions League (Lewandowski has only scored in the Bundesliga this season) should be highly motivated to hurt Koln once more. The Polish striker’s current record against the Billy Goats stands at 12 goals in 14 Bundesliga matches. An unlucky 13th could be on its way this Halloween.
Scoreline prediction: Koln 0-4 Bayern Munich
Compare football odds to get the best in the market using the Oddspedia tool below. Selecting a price will take you to the bookmaker’s sign-up page, where you can register, claim whatever welcome offer is available to new customers and place your bet. (18+ only, Be Gamble Aware)