The first piece of silverware of the season in Italy will be on the line as Juventus take on Napoli in the Supercoppa Italiana on Wednesday (8pm kick-off UK time).
This will be the ninth consecutive year in which Juventus are involved in the Supercoppa Italiana as Serie A champions, facing Coppa Italia winners Napoli for the third time during that run.
Where to watch Juventus vs Napoli on TV:
- UK: BT Sport 2
- US: ESPN2
How to live stream Juventus vs Napoli online:
Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those who are interested in streaming Juventus vs Napoli live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund your account.
- Navigate to the ‘In-Play’ link at the top of the homepage and select your desired event.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account or placed a bet in the last 24 hours, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (14:30, 19/01/21).
Scoreline prediction: Juventus 2-1 Napoli
Compare football odds to get the best in the market using the Oddspedia tool below. Selecting a price will take you to the bookmaker’s sign-up page, where you can register, claim whatever welcome offer is available to new customers and place your bet. (18+ only, Be Gamble Aware)
Juventus vs Napoli build-up, previous line-ups & injury news:
Although they have been ever-present in the Supercoppa Italiana over the past eight seasons, and are the most successful club in the competition’s history with eight wins, Juventus haven’t had all the luck in recent years. The Bianconeri have won only four of their past eight appearances in the one-off game and were beaten 3-1 in last season’s final by Lazio.
Juventus also go into the game off the back of a big defeat in the league, losing 2-0 to Inter Milan to fall further behind in the Serie A title race, looking less likely to add a 10th-consecutive triumph. This has added pressure onto Andrea Pirlo, though the Italian can ease some of that with victory over Napoli.
But standing in his way is former AC Milan team-mate Gennaro Gattuso who will be looking to add a third Supercoppa Italiana to Napoli’s trophy cabinet. Both of Napoli’s previous two Supercoppa Italiana victories came over Juventus, in 1990 and 2014, and they hold a slight advantage in clashes between the two sides in the showpiece with two wins to one.
Napoli are in good form ahead of the meeting, winning their past three games across all competitions, including a resounding 6-0 league win over Fiorentina at the weekend, to move up to third in the table.
- Juventus (vs Inter Milan): Szczesny; Danilo, Bonucci, Chiellini, Frabotta; Chiesa, Rabiot, Bentancur, Ramsey; Ronaldo, Morata.
- Napoli (vs Fiorentina): Ospina; Hysaj, Manolas, Koulibaly, Rui; Bakayoko, Demme; Lozano, Zielinski, Insigne; Petagna.
Juventus remain without Paulo Dybala, Matthijs de Ligt, Alex Sandro, Juan Cuadrado and Merih Demiral. Andrea Petagna has returned to training for Napoli, but they remain without Fabian, Kevin Malcuit and Victor Osimhen.
18+ only. UK residents only. All winnings are credited in cash and can be withdrawn. Deposit £20 to £100 to receive free bets matching deposit. Free bets credited as four equal free bets. The qualifying bet must have odds of 1/2 (1.5) or greater. The qualifying period runs for 7 days from the date of registration. Standard BetBull General Promotions Rules Apply. Standard BetBull Terms & Conditions Apply. BeGambleAware.
Players to watch:
- Juventus: Cristiano Ronaldo may be Juventus’ and Serie A’s top scorer with 15 goals so far this season, but he goes into this game out of form (by his own high standards). Drawing a blank at the weekend, Ronaldo has now failed to score in six of his past 11 games across all competitions. However, in that same run he has scored nine goals and, as this is a cup final, there may not be a better player in the world right now to fire Pirlo to glory. Ronaldo has made a history of scoring in important matches, for Manchester United, Real Madrid and Juventus, including in the 2018/19 Supercoppa Italiana final against AC Milan, which the Bianconeri won 1-0.
- Napoli: On the other side of the pitch, Lorenzo Insigne will be at the forefront of Napoli’s attempts for Supercoppa Italiana glory. The Italian, a Napoli man a heart, is the club’s top scorer in Serie A this season, scoring nine goals, while also adding three assists. He was the star of the show in Napoli’s 6-0 win over Fiorentina, their biggest ever victory over the Viola, scoring two goals and recording an assist, continuing his good run (five goals and one assist in five Serie A games).
More live stream options: