Juventus can secure a ninth consecutive Serie A Scudetto when they host Sampdoria on Sunday evening at 8:45pm.
Maurizio Sarri’s men have been largely inconsistent since the restart, winning five of their nine league outings, but a triumph here will guarantee Juve remain first among equals in Serie A for another year.
Sampdoria, meanwhile, are playing for pride in their remaining three matches this season, as qualifying for Europe and being relegated are out of the question.
Where to watch Juventus vs Sampdoria on TV:
- UK: Premier Sports 1
- US: ESPN+
Where to live stream Juventus vs Sampdoria:
UK: Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those without a Bet365 account already who are interested in streaming Juventus vs Sampdoria live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund the new account.
- Pick the desired event from among the ‘live now’ or ‘schedule’ sections in Bet365’s ‘live streaming’ category.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (25/07/20, 15:00)
Juventus & Sampdoria’s previous line-ups:
- Juventus (vs Udinese): Szczesny; Danilo, De Ligt, Rugani, Alex Sandro; Bentancur, Rabiot, Ramsey; Bernardeschi, Dybala, Ronaldo.
- Sampdoria (vs Genoa): Audero; Bereszynski, Yoshida, Colley*, Augello; Linetty, Ekdal*, Thorsby, Jankto; Bonazzoli, Gabbiadini.
Leonardo Bonucci is expected to return to Juventus’ starting lineup after serving out a suspension. Giorgio Chiellini, Mattia De Sciglio and Sami Khedira remain on the sidelines, while Gonzalo Higuain faces a late fitness test.
Sampdoria, meanwhile, are missing injured duo Albin Ekdal and Felice D’Amico. Claudio Ranieri will also be without Omar Colley and Ronaldo Vieira, who are both suspended after picking up bookings in the midweek loss to Genoa.
Players to watch:
- Juventus: Naturally, whenever Juventus play, all eyes are on Cristiano Ronaldo who is vying for this season’s top scorer award. With the 2019/20 campaign drawing to a close he’s one strike behind Ciro Immobile in the race for the Capocannoniere, an accolade the Portuguese marksman has never won, and Sampdoria will be wary given his recent form at home. Across the Italian champion’s last 11 league outings at the Allianz Stadium they’ve registered 30 goals, with Ronaldo being responsible for just over half of them (16).
- Sampdoria: Though in recent weeks Juve have stumbled — one win across five games — the Bianconeri are value for money at home and they’ll no doubt be wanting to get on the frontfoot against their mid-table opponents. Claudio Ranieri, who previously spent two seasons managing the Turin-based outfit, will be looking for a steely performance from his charges and no-one fits that approach more than Morten Thorsby. The Norwegian midfielder currently averages 2.4 tackles per 90 in Serie A, the second-best at Sampdoria for players with 10+ appearances.
Scoreline prediction: Juventus 2-0 Sampdoria
Serie A 2019/20 recent form:
- Juventus: LDDWL
- Sampdoria: LWWWL