Juventus will be called Piemonte Calcio in FIFA 20 after the Italian giants ended their partnership with EA Sports.
The Pro Evolution Soccer series, which is titled eFootball PES 2020 this year, has gained exclusive rights to Juventus’ name, badge and kit.
Juventus’ FIFA 20 name change: five key things to know…
- Juventus will be called Piemonte Calcio in FIFA 20.
- Piemonte is the region of Italy in which Juventus are situated, and Calcio is Italian for football.
- The club will have a custom badge and kit but will still use real-world players.
- Chemistry links among Piemonte Calcio players will be unaffected in Ultimate Team mode.
- They will still be called Juventus in FIFA 19.
As usual, most clubs in eFootball PES 2020 will have custom names similar to Piemonte Calcio as the series has historically lacked rights compared to FIFA.
But EA Sports have now been forced to change the name of one of Europe’s biggest clubs after Konami, the publishers of PES, announced an exclusive partnership with Juventus.
Subscribe to Squawka’s Youtube channel here.
In a post on their website, EA Sports revealed “real-world, authentic players” will be still be available for Piemonte Calcio, including Cristiano Ronaldo.
In FIFA 20 Ultimate Team mode, Piemonte Calcio “will share chemistry links” as usual, while FIFA 19 will be completely unaffected by the changes.
eFootball PES 2020 is set for release on September 10th. FIFA 2020 releases just over two weeks later on September 27th.