Jose Mourinho has named his all-time best XI, including various Real Madrid, Chelsea and Inter Milan legends in his dream team — but he has chosen to snub Manchester United and Tottenham players.
The esteemed Portuguese tactician has coached some of the game’s finest players in a glittering managerial career that has spanned over two decades, including the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo, Didier Drogba and Javier Zanetti, all of whom have been included in his all-time XI.
Mourinho has enjoyed two trophy-spangled spells at Stamford Bridge, winning two Premier Leagues, an FA Cup and two League Cups during his first spell between 2004 and 2007, and another Premier League and FA Cup double in 2014/15.
|Paul Pogba transfer specials: To sign for before 3rd September||Sky Bet|
You have to be 18+ to gamble. UK only. All odds within this article are accurate at the time of writing (12:30, 15/05/2022). Be Gamble Aware.
Sky Bet New Customer Offer: Bet £5, get £20 in free bets
- Open a new Sky Bet account using this link
- Once registered, deposit and place a qualifying bet of up to £5
- Receive £20 in free bets, credited as 4 x £5 free bets
But, it was during that first stint in west London where Mourinho’s reputation as one of the sport’s best coaches really took off. Fifteen years since he initially parted, he has now listed Petr Cech, John Terry, Ashley Cole, Claude Makelele, Frank Lampard and Didier Drogba in his dream team.
For his treble-winning Inter team, only Javier Zanetti made the cut, while Mesut Ozil and Cristiano Ronaldo earned a place in his side from his time in the Real Madrid dugout at the Bernabeu. Elsewhere, Eden Hazard sealed a spot from his second tour of duty as Chelsea boss.
Inter vs Sampdoria betting tips from Squawka Bet
- Inter to win both halves & have most corners in each half @19/10 with William Hill
- Lautaro Martinez 2+ shots on target @1/1 with Sky Bet
18+ only. Please gamble responsibly. For more information, visit begambleaware.org. All odds and offers in this article are valid at time of publication.
Ricardo Carvalho, who was coached by Mourinho at Porto, Chelsea and Real Madrid, naturally earned a place in the fantasy team. However, there were snubs for both Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur, with not a single player name-dropped by the current Roma boss.
He endured polarising stints in the Premier League with both the Red Devils and Spurs. Despite delivering silverware at Old Trafford, including a Europa League and League Cup double, Mourinho was ultimately sacked by the makers and shakers in December 2018.
Daniel Levy subjected the Portuguese to similar treatment in north London, relieving Mourinho of his duties on the eve of a League Cup final. Perhaps unsurprisingly, therefore, not a single Man Utd or Tottenham player has made it into his team.
Mourinho’s all-time best XI: Petr Cech, Javier Zanetti, John Terry, Ricardo Carvalho, Ashley Cole, Claude Makelele, Frank Lampard, Mesut Ozil, Eden Hazard, Cristiano Ronaldo, Didier Drogba.
More Champions League content (18+ only, Ts&Cs apply):
- Champions League final betting offers: Latest free bets, price boosts & bonuses
- FansBet Champions League final offer (Bet £10 pre-match and get a free £5 in play)
- Liverpool v Real Madrid live streaming
- 888sport Champions League final offer (Get 10/1 on Liverpool or 20/1 on Real Madrid)
- Sky Bet Champions League final offer (Place any bet stake 5p or above, and get £30 in free bets)