Chelsea midfielder Jorginho has revealed his dream five-a-side team.
The 27-year-old is presently enjoying a second campaign at Stamford Bridge having followed former Napoli boss Maurizio Sarri to the capital last summer.
He would subsequently endure a mixed debut season; although the Italian international was praised for his metronomic capabilities on the ball, he was oft-criticised for not being decisive in the final third and has so far failed to record a single Premier League assist.
Nevertheless, incoming Blues manager and club legend Frank Lampard is a fan and to date started him in their opening Premier League games against Manchester United and Leicester City.
Lampard isn’t the only manager in England’s top-division that appreciates Jorginho, with Man City boss Pep Guardiola having tried to sign him ahead of Chelsea in the summer of 2018. Like the Spaniard, the Brazilian-born Italian footballer treats football like an art, which goes some way to explain his curious picks when asked to name his five-a-side team.
Subscribe to Squawka’s Youtube channel here.
“Okay, so my team would be as follows,” he said during an Instagram Q&A for Chelsea’s club website.
“We’d have no goalkeeper, because we just want to enjoy football so we will all play outfield!
“Then I would include myself, because it’s my team, and I’ll have Emerson and Willian in there, too, my teammates.
“I would also pick Radamel Falcao and Robinho to finish the side. Not bad, hey!”
Five things to know about Jorginho’s fantasy five-a-side team…
- Emerson: has become Chelsea’s first choice left-back this season at Marcos Alonso’s expense.
- Willian: has 52 goals and 52 assists in 293 matches for the Blues.
- Jorginho: holds the record for most attempted passes in a single Premier League game (180 v West Ham in September 2018).
- Robinho: has won league titles in four different countries (Brazil, Spain, Italy and China).
- Radamel Falcao: only Henrik Larsson (31) has scored more Uefa Cup/Europa League proper goals than him (30).