Werder Bremen travel to 2. Bundesliga side Jahn Regensburg on Wednesday looking to finally reach the c semi-final (5:30pm kick-off UK time).
Jahn Regensburg XI: Meyer; Saller, Kennedy, Gimber, Elvedi; Wekesser, Besuschkow, George, Makridis, Stolze; Albers.
Werder Bremen XI: Pavlenka; Gebre Selassie, Moisander, Friedl, Augustinsson; Rashica, Mohwald, Gross, Eggestein; Osaka, Sargent.
Here's how we line up for this evening's cup action! 🏆📋
— SV Werder Bremen EN (@werderbremen_en) April 7, 2021
How to live stream Jahn Regensburg vs Werder Bremen online:
Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those who are interested in streaming Jahn Regensburg vs Werder Bremen live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund your account.
- Navigate to the ‘In-Play’ link at the top of the homepage and select your desired event.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account or placed a bet in the last 24 hours, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (12:00, 06/04/21).
Where to watch Jahn Regensburg vs Werder Bremen on TV:
- UK: N/A
- US: ESPN3
Scoreline prediction: Jahn Regensburg 0-2 Werder Bremen
Compare football odds to get the best in the market using the Oddspedia tool below. Selecting a price will take you to the bookmaker’s sign-up page, where you can register, claim whatever welcome offer is available to new customers and place your bet. (18+ only, Be Gamble Aware)
Jahn Regensburg vs Werder Bremen build-up, pre-match team news & previous lineups:
It has been over a month since the tie was first scheduled to be played, with Borussia Dortmund, Holstein Kiel and RB Leipzig already confirming their semi-final spots.
Regensburg have made it past Kaiserslautern, Wehen Wiesbaden and FC Köln to reach this stage, while Bremen have seen off Carl Zeiss Jena, Hannover and Greuther Furth so far.
The 2. Bundesliga head into this match off the back of a 1-1 draw with Erzgebirge, their third consecutive winless game since returning to action following the outbreak which saw this game initially postponed. Mersad Selimbegović’s men sit 14th in the German second-tier, just five points clear of the relegation zone with eight games left to play as a result of their poor form.
Bremen also go into this game winless in three, most recently losing to Stuttgart at the weekend, capping an unhappy return from the international break. That loss added to defeats against Bayern Munich and Wolfsburg, but Bremen will go in this game full of positivity. Only Bayern Munich (20) have won the DFB-Pokal on more occasions than Bremen (six) and Florian Kohfeldt would love nothing more than to deliver the club’s first major trophy since 2009. With Bayern already knocked out, this is a huge opportunity for the Pokal’s remaining contenders.
CLICK HERE to claim BetFair’s new customer offer. 18+ only. Place 5 x £10 or more bets to receive £20 in free bets. Repeat up to 5 times to receive maximum £100 bonus. Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Exchange bets excluded. Payment restrictions apply. T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.
Players to watch:
- Regensburg: With just 28 goals in 26 games, Regensburg are one of the lowest scorers in the 2. Bundesliga, but in Andreas Albers, they still have a target man capable of seriously testing Bremen’s defence. The 31-year-old Danish forward has scored a team-high seven league goals so far this season, while he’s won a staggering 142 aerial duels, at least 71 more than any other player at the club. Unfortunately, Albers has just two goals in his last 18 appearances across all competitions, but that won’t stop him from giving Kohfeldt’s backline a serious examination.
- Werder Bremen: Although Bremen aren’t in good form, they will be able to rely on the finishing of Josh Sargent to help get them over the line against lower-league opposition. The 20-year-old United States international has scored three goals in his past five league matches (albeit going two since his last strike), netting in wins over Eintracht Frankfurt and Arminia Bielefeld to accompany his goal in the draw against FC Koln. Although he hasn’t been in blistering goalscoring form in league play, Sargent’s all-round game and ability to contribute in the build-up is crucial to Kohfeldt. The fact he has two goals in three Pokal appearances this season just serves as another good omen heading into Wednesday’s match, and he should be fresh following suspension at the weekend.
More live stream options: