Netherlands Women begin their summer camp with a friendly against Italy on Thursday at 4:30pm (UK time).
Sarina Wiegman’s side will take part in the Olympics next month and have started their preparation for the trip to Tokyo, while Italy will look to continue their unbeaten 2021.
How to live stream Italy Women vs Netherlands Women online:
Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those who are interested in streaming Italy Women vs Netherlands Women live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund your account.
- Navigate to the ‘In-Play’ link at the top of the homepage and select your desired event.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account or placed a bet in the last 24 hours, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (15:45, 10/06/21).
Scoreline prediction: Italy Women 1-1 Netherlands Women
Compare football odds to get the best in the market using the Oddspedia tool below. Selecting a price will take you to the bookmaker’s sign-up page, where you can register, claim whatever welcome offer is available to new customers and place your bet. (18+ only, Be Gamble Aware)
Italy Women vs Netherlands Women build-up, previous line-ups & injury news:
Italy have started 2021 in a positive fashion, securing their spot in next summer’s European Championships with a second-placed finish in qualifying Group B. They rounded off the group stage with a 12-0 victory over Israel having missed out on top spot after picking up one point from two games against group winners Denmark. Italy followed up that win over Israel with a friendly double-header against Iceland in April, winning one and drawing the other.
While Italy have just two friendlies before their players can go on holiday, Netherlands will be using this game as a chance to prepare for the Tokyo Olympics. Netherlands have been given a favourable group draw alongside Brazil, Chine and Zambia, but they will want to use this game against Italy to set a good standard. There is also the small matter of Wiegman’s imminent departure, with the 51-year-old taking over as new England manager in September.
- Italy Women (vs Iceland Women): Giuliani; Bergamaschi, Gama, Salvai, Bartoli; Rosucci, Cernoia; Serturini, Giugliano, Giacinti; Girelli.
- Netherlands Women (vs Australia Women): Van Veenendaal; Janssen, Van der Gragt, Nouwen, Van Dongen; Spitse, Groenen; Roord, Van de Donk, Martens; Miedema*.
Italy have no fresh concerns but Vivianne Miedema has been ruled out with a “minor injury”.
CLICK HERE to claim BetFair’s new customer offer. 18+ only. Place 5 x £10 or more bets to receive £20 in free bets. Repeat up to 5 times to receive maximum £100 bonus. Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Exchange bets excluded. Payment restrictions apply. T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.
Players to watch:
- Italy: Juventus won Serie A Femminile for the fourth consecutive season in 2020/21 and were absolutely dominant, winning all of their 22 league matches. At the heart of their success was Cristiana Girelli, and she remains a big part of Italy’s side too. The 31-year-old played 21 times for Juventus in 2020/21 and finished as the club’s top scorer, netting 22 times at an average of 1.24 per 90 minutes. She was responsible for exactly a third of Juventus’ 75 goals, adding three assists. Girelli has an excellent record for Italy too, scoring 33 goals in 52 caps for her country, and she’ll be hoping to extend that on Thursday.
- Netherlands: In Vivianne Miedema’s absence, Katja Snoeijs will shoulder the responsibility of leading the Netherlands line. And while she cannot match Miedema’s numbers, the 24-year-old is a more than capable replacement. One month younger than Miedema, Snoeijs made her breakthrough to the Netherlands side late, and has represented her country on just nine occasions. However, in those nine matches, Snoeijs has already scored seven goals, all coming in Euro 2022 qualifying with two hat-tricks against Kosovo. Snoeijs also had a good season with Bordeaux after joining from PSV last summer, helping the club to a third-placed finish in Division 1 Feminine and securing qualification for the Champions League first round. In 21 league appearances for Bordeaux, Snoeijs scored nine goals and recorded seven assists, with only Bunny Shaw (29) directly involved in more goals for the club.
More live stream options: