Inter Milan will look to get their Serie A campaign off to the best possible start when they host Fiorentina on Saturday at 7:45pm.
Inter Milan XI: Handanovic; D’Ambrosio, Bastoni, Kolarov; Young, Barella, Brozovic, Perisic; Eriksen; Lukaku, Martinez.
Fiorentina XI: Dragowski; Ceccherini, Milenkovic, Caceres; Chiesa, Bonaventura, Amrabat, Castrovilli, Biraghi; Ribery, Kouame.
Where to watch Inter Milan vs Fiorentina on TV:
- UK: Premier Sports 1
- US: ESPN+
Where to live stream Inter Milan vs Fiorentina:
UK: Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those without a Bet365 account already who are interested in streaming Inter Milan vs Fiorentina live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund the new account.
- Pick the desired event from among the ‘live now’ or ‘schedule’ sections in Bet365’s ‘live streaming’ category.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (25/09/2020, 17:00)
Inter Milan vs Fiorentina build-up, pre-match team news & previous line-ups:
Antonio Conte’s men finished just one point behind champions Juventus last year, losing only four of their 38 games across the entire league season.
The majority of the league have already started the new season but with the Nerazzurri contesting the Europa League final last month (losing 3-2 to Sevilla) they were afforded an extra week off.
Inter host a Fiorentina side carrying the confidence of scoring 15 goals in their three pre-season matches, while also getting off to a winning start in Serie A with a 1-0 victory over Torino. Gaetano Castrovilli’s 78th-minute strike was enough to seal the three points for Giuseppe Iachini’s side.
So, can Fiorentina end a six-game winless streak against Inter or will last season’s runners-up put down an early marker in the Serie A title race?
- Inter Milan (vs Pisa): Handanovic; D’Ambrosio, Bastoni, Kolarov; Hakimi, Barella, Gagliardini, Eriksen, Perisic; Lukaku, Martinez.
- Fiorentina (vs Torino): Dragowski; Milenkovic, Ceccherini, Caceres; Chiesa, Bonaventura, Duncan, Castrovilli, Biraghi; Kouame, Ribery.
Matias Vecino remains sidelined for the hosts while Stefan de Vrij is suspended, so Aleksandar Kolarov should back his competitive Inter debut as should Achraf Hakimi. Arturo Vidal could be included in the squad having joined from Barcelona.
Leeds’ reported target Erick Pulgar is sidelined for Fiorentina.
Players to watch:
- Inter Milan: Only Atalanta (98) scored more than Inter’s 81 Serie A goals last season and key to their prolific nature in the attacking third was the form of Romelu Lukaku. The Belgian striker enjoyed a wonderful first season at the San Siro, netting 23 goals in 36 Serie A appearances, with only Cristiano Ronaldo (31) and Ciro Immobile (36) exceeding him. Lukaku will have his eyes set firmly on the Capocannoniere prize this time around and will hope that will also be enough to fire Inter to a first title since 2009/10.
- Fiorentina: After registering 10 goals and six assists in Serie A last season, talented forward Federico Chiesa kicked off the 2020/21 campaign in style last week, setting up Castrovilli for his winning goal. The 22-year-old already has 19 caps for Italy to his name and, given his effectiveness in the final third, will ultimately hold the key to Fiorentina challenging for European qualification. However, Chiesa’s future at Fiorentina is currently in doubt, as the winger is currently being linked with a move to Inter, AC Milan and Juventus.