Inter Milan will be looking to keep the pressure on rivals and Serie A leaders AC Milan when they host Bologna on Saturday night (7:45pm kick-off).
Inter Milan XI: Handanovic; Skriniar, De Vrij, Bastoni; Hakimi, Vidal, Brozovic, Gagliardini, Perisic; Lukaku, Alexis.
Bologna XI: Skorupski; Medel, Danili, Tomiyasu; De Silvestri, Svanberg, Schouten, Hickey; Soriano, Barrow; Palacio.
Where to watch Inter Milan vs Bologna on TV:
- UK: Premier Sports 2
- US: ESPN+
Where to live stream Inter Milan vs Bologna:
UK: Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those without a Bet365 account already who are interested in streaming Inter Milan vs Bologna live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund the new account.
- Pick the desired event from among the ‘live now’ or ‘schedule’ sections in Bet365’s ‘live streaming’ category.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (17:45, 04/12/20).
Inter Milan vs Bologna build-up, pre-match team news & previous line-ups:
Antonio Conte’s men are currently second in the table, five points behind AC Milan after nine games, having won five, drawn three and losing one so far this season. That one defeat came at the hands of the Rossoneri but, since, Inter are unbeaten in five games in the league, winning three.
Inter’s league form is almost a stark contrast to their Champions League campaign so far, but victory over Borussia Monchengladbach in midweek means Conte’s men do still have a knockout spot in their sights. Whether that will affect their game against Bologna remains to be seen, but Inter cannot under-prepare for their visitors.
Despite sitting 10th in Serie A, Bologna have been in good form of late, winning three of their past four games, moving up the table after a disastrous start. They have also enjoyed recent matches against Inter, winning two of the three Serie A meetings between the side since Sinisa Mihajlovic took over.
A win for Bologna this weekend would see them earn consecutive Serie A victories against Inter for the first time since 1999, but their hosts will want to keep their momentum up ahead of next week’s Champions League clash with Shakhtar Donetsk.
- Inter Milan (vs Borussia Monchengladbach): Handanovic; Skriniar, De Vrij, Bastoni; Darmian, Barella*, Brozovic, Gagliardini, Young; Lukaku, Martinez.
- Bologna (vs Crotone): Skorupski; De Silvestri, Danilo, Tomiyasu, Hickey; Schouten, Svanberg; Orsolini*, Soriano, Barrow; Palacio.
Nicolo Barella picked up a calf injury in Inter’s midweek win over Borussia Monchengladbach and will be assessed prior to Saturday’s game, but could still be rested to prevent any further damage.
Bologna are without Riccardo Orsolini, who suffered a muscle strain in their win over Crotone last weekend, joining Federico Santander on the sidelines. Andreas Skov Olsen and Mitchell Dijks are both training individually after their respective injuries and shall play no part.
Players to watch:
- Inter Milan: Alexis Sanchez. With such an important game in midweek, Conte may make a few minor changes to his team as he did last weekend. One player who could benefit from this is Alexis Sanchez. The former Arsenal and Manchester United forward has played a bit-part role for Inter so far this season, but has started their past three games (all following or preceding Champions League games). Sanchez started last time out in the league against Sassuolo, partnering Lautaro Martinez in attack while Lukaku was rested and he made the most of his time on the pitch, scoring in a 3-0 win. That goal added to another strike in the previous league game against Torino and Sanchez is now aiming to score in three consecutive league appearances since November 2017 when he did so for Arsenal.
- Bologna: Roberto Soriano. Another player looking to make an impact this weekend will be Bologna midfielder Soriano, who has been in fine goalscoring form. The 29-year-old scored the only goal in Bologna’s 1-0 win over Crotone last weekend, taking his total tally for the season so far to five. After nine games has already equalled his return from last season, while also adding three assists, being directly involved in over half of Bologna’s 14 goals in the league. Soriano has only scored more in a single Serie A campaign once, managing eight while at Sampdoria in 2015/16, and will be hoping he can edge closer to take in what would be a crucial win.
Scoreline prediction: Inter Milan 2-1 Bologna
Serie A 2020/21 recent form:
- Inter Milan: WDDWW
- Bologna: LWLWW
Compare football odds to get the best in the market using the Oddspedia tool below. Selecting a price will take you to the bookmaker’s sign-up page, where you can register, claim whatever welcome offer is available to new customers and place your bet. (18+ only, Be Gamble Aware)