Inter Milan have denied reports that Barcelona have made an offer for Lautaro Martinez.
The 21-year-old striker, who joined Inter last summer, is currently representing Argentina at the 2019 Copa America.
After sitting out La Albiceleste’s opening 2-0 defeat to Colombia, he featured in their subsequent four matches, scoring twice – the joint-highest at the tournament.
His performances, naturally, led to speculation regarding his long-term future in Milan, with Barça among those linked with his services.
Martinez joined Inter from boyhood team Racing Club in 2018 and has since made no fewer than 35 appearances for the Serie A giants, scoring nine goals.
However, reports of the Spanish champions making a move for Martinez are wide of the mark, according to Inter’s vice-president and club legend, Javier Zanetti.
Subscribe to Squawka’s Youtube channel here.
“Inter haven’t received any offers,” he told TyC Sports.
“I hope Lautaro keeps going like this. For us, he’s an important player and we see him with our shirt.
“I’m very happy because he did very well in his first season. It’s not easy and at only 21, he showed personality.”
Martinez’s journey: Five key things to know…
- Came through at Racing Club, where he scored 26 goals in 58 matches.
- Martinez subsequently joined Inter Milan and has 35 appearances in all competitions so far.
- The native of Bahía Blanca has, in turn, registered nine goals, with six coming in Serie A.
- Martínez made his Argentina debut in their 6-1 humbling against Spain (May 2018).
- To date, he’s won 11 international caps and registered six goals in the process.