Real Madrid star Eden Hazard believes Paris Saint-Germain youngster Kylian Mbappe will become “the best player in the world” in the future.
The World Cup winning Frenchman has already picked up from his 2018/19 ‘Ligue 1 Top Goalscorer’ exploits with nine goals in 12 games this season.
Could Mbappe become “the best player in the world”? Five things to know…
- At just 20 years of age, Mbappe has already won six major honours for club and country.
- The Golden Boy winner has also netted 69 goals and registered 36 assists in 99 games for PSG.
- Real boss Zinedine Zidane has previously stated that Mbappe ‘dreams’ of playing for the Spanish giants.
- Hazard has now fanned the flames and admitted he would be keen to play alongside the Frenchman.
- He believes Mbappe has the potential to become the world’s best footballer in the future.
As such, former Chelsea forward Hazard has outlined his admiration for the youngster while also tipping him to reach the very top in just a few years time.
“In a few years, he will certainly be the best player in the world,” Hazard told Le Parisien (as per Sky Sports).
“This title, there are a lot of players who fight for it, but if he continues like this, Kylian [Mbappe] will be one of the greatest footballers in the history of the world.”
Subscribe to Squawka’s Youtube channel here.
Hazard open to Mbappe link up
Since bursting onto the scene as an exceptionally gifted fledgling forward for Monaco, Los Blancos have seen their name consistently associated with Mbappe’s signature.
Zidane has previously claimed that Mbappe’s is open to playing for Real one day, which has sparked a war-of-words between himself and the French club’s hierarchy, with sporting director Leonardo accusing him of trying to “destabilise” the young superstar.
Zidane, however, has refused to quell the speculation and recently told Leonardo that he is free to discuss Mbappe, while Hazard has now chimed in on the subject, saying he would waste no time in bringing Mbappe to the Spanish capital if given the opportunity.
He added: “If tomorrow I could bring Kylian to Real Madrid, I would try. But not only is it not just me who can decide this, on top of that I don’t even think I would be asked for my opinion.”