Harry Kane says Tottenham Hotspur will not target David Luiz in the north London derby.
The 32-year-old Arsenal defender received some criticism following the Gunners’ recent 3-1 loss at Liverpool.
Is David Luiz really a liability? Five key things to know…
- Luiz conceded a penalty in Arsenal’s 3-1 defeat to Liverpool last week and was dribbled past twice.
- But it is the only Premier League penalty he has given away since the start of 16/17, according to Opta.
- During those three-and-a-bit seasons, he was guilty of five defensive errors leading to shots (one of which was scored).
- The average among Premier League defenders with 50 or more apps is 3.86.
- Virgil van Dijk, for instance, has made four.
Luiz, who swapped Chelsea for the Emirates Stadium this summer, gave away a second-half penalty after tugging on Mohamed Salah’s shirt, before the Egyptian forward left him for dead en route to scoring his second goal of the game.
Subscribe to Squawka’s Youtube channel here.
“We’ll never specifically target one player and try to pick on him,” he told Sportmail.
“I think David Luiz is a very, very good player – we all make mistakes, we all have bad performances as professionals, so there’s no reason he can’t have a good game on Sunday.
“We’re very much about us, and we know if we perform to the best of our ability then we’ll win the game.
“We want to come away with the bragging rights on Sunday – hopefully, I and the team can perform and put in a special performance.”
Kane’s impressive NLD record