Getafe’s quest for Champions League football resumes on Friday night as they travel to Granada.
Jose Bordalas’ side have been on an upward journey over the past few seasons in La Liga, finishing fifth last year – their highest ever finish in the top flight – and securing Europa League football. They sit fifth once again this season with 11 games remaining but are level on points with Real Sociedad in fourth and just a point behind third-placed Sevilla.
But they face tough opponents on Friday in Granada, who are also chasing a European spot of their own, although the challenge is slightly greater. Granada are currently ninth in La Liga, seven points behind Atletico Madrid who occupy the final Europa League place.
However, they will still be hopeful that seventh could present them an opportunity should Real Sociedad beat Athletic Bilbao in the Copa del Rey final, as Granada are just four points behind Valencia.
Where to watch Granada v Getafe on TV:
- UK: LaLigaTV
- US: beIN 1
Where to live stream the game:
UK: Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those without a Bet365 account already who are interested in streaming Granada vs Getafe live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund the new account.
- Pick the desired event from among the ‘live now’ or ‘schedule’ sections in Bet365’s ‘live streaming’ category.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account, BeGambleAware.
US: Readers based in the States can try Fubo, who are currently running a free trial offer.
Granada vs Getafe confirmed line-ups:
- Granada: Silva; Diaz, Sanchez, Duarte, Neva; Herrera, Gonalons; Foulquier, Fernandez, Machis; Soldado
- Getafe: Soria; Suarez, Djene, Etxeita, Olivera; Nyom, Etebo, Timor, Cucurella; Molina, Deyverson
Getafe make do without Mauro Arambarri, Nemanja Maksimovic and Jaime Mata, all of whom are suspended.
Players to watch:
- Granada: Darwin Machis. Before La Liga was temporarily suspended, Machis was in fine form, being directly involved in six of Granada’s past eight goals. Scoring four and adding two assists, Machis put a poor start to the campaign behind him, having managed just two goals and one assist in his opening 21 games following a move from Udinese in the summer. With six goals in total, Machis is Granada’s top scorer, having managed one more than Antonio Puertas and Carlos Fernandez. Machis has also been directly involved in more La Liga goals than any other Granada player with nine, once again ahead of Fernandez. If Granada are to break through Getafe’s defence, Machis’ role will be key – should he be back in the starting XI.
- Getafe: Djene. One of the reasons for Getafe’s fine season has been their defence, with only Real Madrid (13) keeping more clean sheets than them (12) in La Liga. Part of their solid defence has been Togolese centre-back Djene. The 28-year-old has missed just two games this season and has captained Getafe on occasion, leading by example. Djene has made 73 clearances so far this season, more than any other Getafe player and only Jaime Mata (72) has won more aerial duals than the Togolese (66). Djene’s performances this season have seen the centre-back linked with a move to the Premier League, with Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur among those reportedly interested.
Scoreline prediction: Granada 0-2 Getafe
La Liga 2019/20 recent form:
- Granada: LWWDD
- Getafe: WLLWD