Werder Bremen host Borussia Monchengladbach on Saturday hoping to keep their Bundesliga status (2:30pm kick-off UK time).
Thomas Schaaf’s side are in the relegation play-off spot as things stand, while Gladbach will harbour hopes of European football next season.
How to live stream Werder Bremen vs Borussia Monchengladbach online:
Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those who are interested in streaming Werder Bremen vs Borussia Monchengladbach live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund your account.
- Navigate to the ‘In-Play’ link at the top of the homepage and select your desired event.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account or placed a bet in the last 24 hours, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (14:25, 21/05/21).
Where to watch Werder Bremen vs Borussia Monchengladbach on TV:
- UK: BT Sport ESPN
- US: ESPN+
Scoreline prediction: Werder Bremen 1-3 Borussia Monchengladbach
Compare football odds to get the best in the market using the Oddspedia tool below. Selecting a price will take you to the bookmaker’s sign-up page, where you can register, claim whatever welcome offer is available to new customers and place your bet. (18+ only, Be Gamble Aware)
Werder Bremen vs Borussia Monchengladbach build-up, previous line-ups & injury news:
Once again Bremen go into the final day of the Bundesliga season with their long-standing record at risk. Bremen have been involved in more Bundesliga season than any other club in the competition’s history, with 2020/21 their 57th campaign in total – one more than Bayern Munich. There was a point this season when Bremen looked safe, but they have been in poor form since mid-March, earning just one point from their past nine games. As a result, they now need to beat Gladbach and hope Arminia Bielefeld drop points to achieve automatic safety, while defeat could see them relegated immediately.
It doesn’t bode well for Bremen, then, that Gladbach have something to play for in this final game of the season. Currently eighth, Gladbach are one point off the Europa Conference League play-off spot and will believe they can overtake Union Berlin, who face RB Leipzig. Although it does not compare to the Champions League, or even Europa League, it would be Marco Rose leaves Adi Hutter (who will replace him in the summer) with some form of European football from which to build. However, Gladbach aren’t in good form, losing three of their past four games and winless in three on the road.
- Werder Bremen (vs Augsburg): Pavlenka; Gebre Selassie, Toprak, Moisander, Augustinsson; Groß*, Eggestein; Sargent, Fullkrug, Bittencourt; Selke.
- Borussia Monchengladbach (vs Stuttgart): Sommer; Lainer, Ginter, Elvedi, Bensebaini; Neuhaus, Kramer; Hofmann, Stindl, Thuram; Plea.
Christian Groß is suspended after his red card last weekend, with Eren Dinkci also absent due to his dismissal against Bayer Leverkusen a week prior. Gladbach have no fresh injury concerns but remain without Mamadou Doucoure while Ibrahima Traore is a doubt.
CLICK HERE to claim BetFair’s new customer offer. 18+ only. Place 5 x £10 or more bets to receive £20 in free bets. Repeat up to 5 times to receive maximum £100 bonus. Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Exchange bets excluded. Payment restrictions apply. T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.
Players to watch:
- Werder Bremen: In recent weeks, Davie Selke has been the man tasked with leading the Bremen fight against relegation, but if he is to have an influence this weekend he’ll need to improve. The 26-year-old striker has managed just three Bundesliga goals this season and hasn’t found the net in 11 games, though only three of those appearances have come from the start. Selke’s biggest problem has been the fact that he hasn’t had enough chances in the Bundesliga, with the 26-year-old in fact outperforming his Expected Goals tally of 2.88, while also averaging 3.06 shots per 90 minutes. He needs the service this weekend, but he also needs to make sure he finishes any chance he gets.
- Borussia Monchengladbach: From one man struggling for goals to another who has enjoyed his best scoring season, Lars Stindl will be looking to end the 2020/21 campaign on a high. The Gladbach captain has netted 13 goals in the Bundesliga this season, more than he has managed in any other campaign, with his previous best being 11 in 2016/17 (also for Gladbach in the Bundesliga). Stindl also enjoys when he faces Bremen, having scored seven goals in 21 games against them, more than he has versus any other opponent.
Bundesliga 2020/21 recent form:
- Werder Bremen: LDLLL
- Borussia Monchengladbach: LLWLW
More live stream options: